On The Road programs are educational seminars that help us to communicate with the California grape and wine industries by bringing faculty to different regions of California. The hope is that we are able to present relevant research being done at UC Davis and, at the same time, listen to the issues that are important to grape growing and winemaking professionals.
DATE AND TIME
Thursday, November 18, 9 AM - 12:30 PM
Auditorium, Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Building, 1351 Maple Ave, Santa Rosa, CA 95404
$30/person (includes breakfast and lunch)
|9:10 AM||Applied Water Amounts and Carbohydrate Balance in Wine Grapes||Kaan Kurtural, Associate Cooperative Extension Specialist, Viticulture, Department of Viticulture and Enology, UC Davis|
|9:40 AM||What we do and do not know about grape smoke exposure impact||Anita Oberholster, Associate Cooperative Extension Specialist, Enology, Department of Viticulture and Enology, UC Davis|
|10:30 AM||Understanding and breeding grape rootstocks.||Andrew Walker, Professor Emeritus, Department of Viticulture and Enology, UC Davis|
|11:00 AM||Three invasive species to be on the lookout for in Sonoma county||Cindy Kron, UCCE North Coast Area IPM Advisor, Napa, Sonoma, Mendocino, and Lake Counties|
|11:30 AM||Questions, Discussion and Wrap-Up|
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Per current UC Davis guidelines, all in-person event attendees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours to attend the event. You must provide one of the following options when checking-in at the event.
- Any attendee can show their CDC Vaccine Card (phone image acceptable) or digital vaccine record from the State of California.
- International students may show their translated vaccine record.
- UC Davis employees or students can show their valid Daily Symptom Survey compliance email.
- Unvaccinated individuals can show a negative COVID-19 test result from the last 72-hours. (must be a lab/PCR test; home tests/antigen tests are not valid)
The following is also required of all event attendees:
- All attendees are required to wear face coverings indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Unvaccinated individuals are also required to wear a face-covering outdoors in crowded spaces