Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
|Title||Technical Sales Representative|
|Employer||Gusmer Enterprises, Inc.|
|Employment Location||Northwest United States|
|Employment Start Date||Upon Hire|
|Job Description|| Responsible for technical sales, including the promotion, sale, and support of products and services to the beverage accounts in the Northwest Region with primary territory in Oregon & Colorado, as well as account responsibilities in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, & Wyoming. Beverage accounts include brewery, winery, distillery, and juice accounts. |
1. Develop new business and maintain existing business in the prescribed territory. This is achieved through direct and regular contact with the customer base to introduce and sell new products, maintain the sales of current products, and provide the necessary technical support to satisfy the customer.
2. Become proficient in Gusmer Enterprises? product line and customers? processes.
3. Identify and develop new customers and sales opportunities in the territory.
4. Forecast sales for the territory and achieve performance goals.
5. Prepare quotes and technical information. Create special programs to meet the customer needs.
6. Conduct on sight production and laboratory trials as required.
7. Interface with vendors, R&D, other sales people, customer service and distributors to support trials, experiments, marketing requirements and sales to customers as required.
8. Assist in the development and implementation of general marketing campaigns as required.
9. Assist with product development as required.
10. Assist with technical seminars for customers and academic programs as required.
11. Assist with anything else that comes under the scope of general sales and marketing.
|Contact Info|| Please email resumes to:|
|Other Information|| Qualifications/Experience/Requirements/ Skills:|
1. BS/MS in fermentation/food science or suitable experience, with an understanding of basic chemistry/microbiology.
2. 5+ years experience in sales or selling environment, with a strong commercial sense and effective selling, negotiating and closing skills.
3. Extensive beverage processing knowledge (beer, wine, distilling, juice).
4. Able to travel overnight up to 40%.
5. Possible relocation to territory.
6. Good communication, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
7. Team player, strong people skills, self motivated and ability to work without direct supervision.
8. Computer proficient in WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT and other basic business programs.