Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Food Science & Technology Employment Bulletin Board.
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
|Title||Quality Assurance Technician I - Seasonal|
|Employer||California Olive Ranch|
|Employment Location||Artois, CA|
|Company Description|| Founded in 1998, California Olive Ranch, a privately held company, is America's largest grower and producer of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO). Our vision is to be the global leader in the production of EVOO using a unique and innovative planting, harvesting and milling process that produces the freshest, most flavorful EVOO available on the market. |
Through the careful management of our own ranches and partnering with top farmers, the use of our innovative harvesting and pressing techniques have established a new understanding of what EVOO is supposed to be for the American consumer.
|Pay Scale||$15.00 hourly|
|Employment Start Date||10/01/2013|
|Employment End Date||12/31/2013|
|Job Description|| Position Summary|
Responsible for supporting and contributing to the Quality Assurance Department under the Technical Services Manager. Responsibilities include routine inspections of milling processing lines, chemical titrations, filling out appropriate paperwork efficiently and correctly and any other projects as assigned.
* Routine monitoring of processing lines to ensure food quality and safety is maintained.
* Assist QA Supervisor with various studies and data collection/data entry.
* Conduct chemical tests for various quality parameters of olive oil and fruit/pomace (waste).
* Comply with COR, State and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), HACCP and SQF regulations.
* Effectively work with production personnel to aid in the overall goals of the company, including maintaining GMP?s, assure product is produced and release within specification.
Required Knowledge & Skills
* Have some basic technical ability to understand the use of lab equipment and be able to perform basic tests (Near Infrared Technology (NIR), titrations, counts, water content, etc.).
* Ability to enforce GMP's; to hold people accountable to the rules.
* Ability to conduct basic lab tests and understand equipment.
* Valid California Driver's License
* College Education
This position requires standing, sitting, walking, push, pull and reaching. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push and pull materials and objects up to 40 pounds, as necessary.
Send resume to Mary Bolton at email@example.com
|Contact Info||email resume to Mary Bolton at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact Address|| 1367 E. Lassen Avenue|
Chico, CA 95973