Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Food Science & Technology Employment Bulletin Board.
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
|Title||Food Safety Coordinator|
|Employer||California Olive Ranch|
|Employment Location||Artois, CA|
|Company Description|| Founded in 1998, California Olive Ranch, a privately held company, is America's largest grower and producer of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO). Our vision is to be the global leader in the production of EVOO using a unique and innovative planting, harvesting and milling process that produces the freshest, most flavorful EVOO available on the market. |
Through the careful management of our own ranches and partnering with top farmers, the use of our innovative harvesting and pressing techniques have established a new understanding of what EVOO is supposed to be for the American consumer.
|Pay Scale||$50,000 annually|
|Employment Start Date||09/01/2013|
|Job Description|| Assisting the Technical Services Manager in managing the food safety and quality programs used at California Olive Ranch. Main responsibilities include assisting with audits, maintaining trainings, food safety studies, facility and procedure internal audits, validation studies and reviews annually, data collection during Milling and on Bottling line, and function as a liaison for QA and Millers in respect to data interpretation and communication.|
* Aid in maintaining and implementing the SQF level 2 procedures and document control with the SQF Practitioner.
* Responsible for investigating, executing, and completing Corrective action reports assigned by the Technical Services Manager.
* Responsible for executing Glass quarterly audit, water sampling, and monthly GMP and Facility audits along with the Technical Services Manager and Production.
* Responsible for maintaining the Internal Audit schedule and executing procedure audits- includes milling process and procedures.
* Maintain employee training program for food safety and quality requirements including annual refresher trainings.
* Assist with and execute validation studies for all Pre-Requisite programs.
* Assist in execution of consumer and customer complaint investigations. Assure appropriate measures are taken for any food safety or quality issues.
* 3rd party and customer audits as directed by Technical Services Manager.
* Aid for the Technical Services Manager on research projects and technical studies provided for a corporate level and customers.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Bachelor Science Degree in Food Science or related field preferred
* SQF Certified preferred
* HACCP Certified preferred
* Knowledge of food safety principles and food processing
* Must have proficient computer skills
* Apply general mathematical and data entry skills.
* Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills including read and write the English language.
* Manage details of multiple projects in an efficient and organized method.
* Produce work in a timely, budgeted, scheduled and profitable manner for the Company.
* Apply safety procedures and principles on a daily basis and protect yourself and others from injury
Send resume to Mary Bolton at mbolton@cal-olive
|Contact Info||email resume to Mary Bolton at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact Address|| 1367 E. Lassen Avenue|
Chico, CA 95973