Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Food Science & Technology Employment Bulletin Board.
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
|Title||Laboratory Technician II|
|Employer||California Olive Ranch|
|Employment Location||Artois, CA|
|Company Description|| Founded in 1998, California Olive Ranch, a privately held company, is America's largest grower and producer of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO). Our vision is to be the global leader in the production of EVOO using a unique and innovative planting, harvesting and milling process that produces the freshest, most flavorful EVOO available on the market. |
Through the careful management of our own ranches and partnering with top farmers, the use of our innovative harvesting and pressing techniques have established a new understanding of what EVOO is supposed to be for the American consumer.
|Pay Scale||$23.00 hourly|
|Employment Start Date||09/01/2013|
|Job Description|| Responsible for supporting and contributing to the overall laboratory management under the Technical Services Manager. Responsibilities include managing a clean laboratory, equipment installations and maintaining standard operating procedures for laboratory equipment, product evaluations and studies, sensory program set up, filling out appropriate paperwork efficiently and correctly and any other projects as assigned. |
* Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized laboratory, inventory of laboratory items.
* Create, develop and implement standard operating procedures for various lab equipment and testing protocols. Items include but are not limited to; Total Fat testing (Soxtherm/Hydrotherm), Moisture Analysis (oven), Free Fatty Acid, Water Content, and Peroxide Value Titrations, Near Infrared Spectrometer (NIR) testing of oil and pomace/paste.
* Managing chemical control for laboratory and chemical waste.
* Sensory tasting set ups and cleanup for any and all sensory evaluations by COR and customers. Data entry for all results.
* Oil chemistry and sensory testing and various other product testing, facility testing, and product evaluations.
* Coordination of 3rd party lab analysis and testing.
* Maintain a professional working relationship with vendors and various equipment contacts for the laboratory.
* Assist in writing various procedures as directed by the Technical Services Manager for the laboratory.
* Aid for the Technical Services Manager on research projects and technical studies provided for a corporate level and customers.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Have some basic technical ability to understand the use of lab equipment and be able to perform basic tests (Near Infrared Technology (NIR), volumes, torque reader, etc.)
* Understanding of chemical titrations, official methods of testing, laboratory protocol.
* Assist in problem solving and in making this a more effective organization.
* Apply general mathematical and data entry skills.
* Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills including read and write the English language.
* Manage details of multiple projects in an efficient and organized method.
* Produce work in a timely, budgeted, scheduled and profitable manner for the Company.
* Bachelor Science Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or related field preferred
* Knowledge of food safety principles and food processing
* Must have proficient computer skills
Send resume to Mary Bolton at email@example.com
|Contact Info||email resume to Mary Bolton at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact Address|| 1367 E. Lassen Avenue|
Chico, CA 95973