Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Food Science & Technology Employment Bulletin Board.
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
|Employer||California Olive Ranch|
|Employment Location||Artois, CA|
|Company Description|| Founded in 1998, California Olive Ranch, a privately held company, is America's largest grower and producer of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO). Our vision is to be the global leader in the production of EVOO using a unique and innovative planting, harvesting and milling process that produces the freshest, most flavorful EVOO available on the market. |
Through the careful management of our own ranches and partnering with top farmers, the use of our innovative harvesting and pressing techniques have established a new understanding of what EVOO is supposed to be for the American consumer.
|Employment Start Date||09/01/2013|
|Job Description|| Position Summary|
Position has responsibility for coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. Plans schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and COR food equipment standards. Ensures affective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
Position will provide support to the Milling Manager during the harvest season. Responsible for understanding the essential functions of harvesting equipment and electrical controls associated with operating a Mill.
Responsible and accountable to ensure that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied. Not responsible to ensure the technical accuracy of specific design details in areas where not qualified. Expected however, to have sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of details to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing in the various disciplines, and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation of the following:
* Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors to come in on-time and within budget.
* Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
* Determines project specifications by studying product design, requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
* Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
* Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
* Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
* Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
* Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
* Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
* Project engineering schedules and forecasts.
* Monthly project status reports and change orders.
* Complete understanding of Ignition Inventory System and any associated inventory tracking systems.
* Complete understanding of Clean-In-Place systems.
* Troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues that may arise with all facilities.
A. Essential Responsibilities * Project Planning 25%, Project, Implementation and Maintenance 50%, Design and engineering 25%
B. Secondary Responsibilities * Cost reductions, Miller for one shift during harvest
Required Knowledge and Skills
Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Project Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills, Safety Management, Supervision, CAD.
BS in Engineering
Send resume to Michael Perez at email@example.com
|Contact Info||email resume to Michael Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact Address|| 1367 E. Lassen Avenue|
Chico, CA 95973