Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Food Science & Technology Employment Bulletin Board.
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
|Employer||California Olive Ranch|
|Employment Location||Artois, CA|
|Company Description|| Founded in 1998, California Olive Ranch, a privately held company, is America's largest grower and producer of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO). Our vision is to be the global leader in the production of EVOO using a unique and innovative planting, harvesting and milling process that produces the freshest, most flavorful EVOO available on the market. |
Through the careful management of our own ranches and partnering with top farmers, the use of our innovative harvesting and pressing techniques have established a new understanding of what EVOO is supposed to be for the American consumer.
|Pay Scale||$13-17 hourly|
|Employment Start Date||09/01/2013|
|Job Description|| Position Summary|
The Production Coordinator is responsible for scheduling, coordinating and performing day to day work flow duties within or between departments of the manufacturing facility using Microsoft Dynamics Navision. Additionally the Production Coordinator will assist in process and procedure management improvement projects under the direction of the Production Manager.
* Create, schedule and distribute production work orders and material transfer sheets to support Production needs to ensure on time manufacturing and shipment of products.
* Track, transact and validate production work order data entries including consumption, output, run time and downtime.
* Schedule identical and similar production runs to eliminate duplicate machine setups and maximize efficiency.
* Schedule production work orders to minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of time, manpower, equipment and facilities.
* Confirm with department supervisors and line leads to determine progress of work.
* Interface with manufacturing personnel, purchasing personnel, etc. on material status and production planning issues.
* Provide and communicate information on changes or issues in production or production methods to department supervisors, leads and managers.
* Attend daily production meetings with operations management and cross-functional management as the primary forum to communicate current and future production work orders along with any issues on current production orders.
* Assist in creating and maintaining procedures and work instructions for use by production.
* Create and maintain production specification documents and folders.
* Create and maintain production equipment machine setup specification documents.
* Assist in employee trainings for SQF Audit requirements.
* Manage and ensure site security.
* Communicate a positive image of the company to the entire staff and customers.
* Apply all safety rules and regulations and prevent work hazards.
* All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
* Ability to perform data entry transactions in Microsoft Dynamics Navision ERP system.
* Ability to perform basic analysis and reporting utilizing Microsoft Dynamics Navision ERP system and Microsoft Office.
* Ability to communicate in writing and verbally with all levels of employees in an effective manner.
* Ability to read and understand company policies and procedures and implement appropriately.
* Assist in problem solving and in making this a more effective organization.
* Apply general mathematical and data entry skills.
* Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills including read and write the English language.
* Manage details of multiple projects in an efficient and organized method.
* Produce work in a timely, budgeted, scheduled and profitable manner for the Company.
* Apply safety procedures and principles on a daily basis and protect yourself and others from injury.
* 4-year degree preferred.
* 2-5 years experience in manufacturing environment.
* Bilingual preferred.
* Ability to make good decisions in stressful situations.
* Ability to thrive in a fast paced, agile manufacturing environment
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
* Ability to work well and multi-task in a fast-paced and flexible environment with a diverse group of people.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Valid California Driver's License.
Send resume to Logan Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Contact Info||email resume to Logan Jennings at email@example.com|
|Contact Address|| 1367 E. Lassen Avenue|
Chico, CA 95973