Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Food Science & Technology Employment Bulletin Board.
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
|Title||Sensory Scientist / Project Leader|
|Employer||The National Food Lab|
|Employment Location||Livermore, CA|
|Company Description||The National Food Lab is a consulting and testing firm providing creative, practical, and science based insights to solve food safety, quality, and product and process development challenges for food companies.|
|Employment Start Date||asap|
|Job Description|| SUMMARY:|
The Sensory Project Leader assists in day-to-day operations of the descriptive area, designs and leads complex projects actively promotes new business consistent with business strategic plan, conducts multivariate data analysis, and maintains and improves the capabilities and quality programs of the division.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES, AUTHORITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as project leader for quantitative and consensus descriptive research studies. Manage all aspects of projects including language development, data collection, panel performance monitoring, and data analysis.
- Interface with clients to develop research plans for studies; cost projects, and develop proposals based on plan.
- Interpret study data, form accurate conclusions and communicate results in written reports, presentations and / or technical publications.
- Conduct multivariate statistical analysis and interpret results.
- Achieve budgeted revenue for the descriptive area; monitor budgeted hours / costs versus estimates on all assigned projects.
- Set up SIMS programming for panels.
- Work with Division Manager on strategic planning for the descriptive area.
- Maintain an adequate pool of descriptive panelists.
- Train descriptive panels for internal usage and for The NFL?s clients.
- Potential travel, as needed.
- Keep current with literature development in the field of sensory evaluation.
- Support the goals and core values of The NFL, following established policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Masters degree or higher in Sensory Science, Statistics, Market Research, or a related field or a minimum of 4 years of experience that indicates an ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: Sensory Evaluation, Multivariate Statistics, Experimental Design
Ability to: Communicate effectively with clients and internal staff at all levels, Explain difficult concepts and procedures
TEAM MEMBER AND BEST IN CLASS SERVICE REQUIRMENTS:
The NFL incorporates the use of teams to achieve both personal and business success.
Individuals must have strong personal skills to participate effectively in a team environment, being able to subordinate his/her personal priorities to the success of the team. In addition, The NFL?s success is directly dependent on Best in Class services, requiring the individuals to enthusiastically engage the practices leading to this service level.
|Contact Info||Dawn Chapman|
|Contact Address||365 North Canyons Parkway, Livermore, CA 94551|