The Main Office Personnel
RMI North, Rm. #1149
Without proper training, you can damage expensive parts of the copy machine when attempting to clear jams so please seek assistance.
- If you need assistance with machine functions or have trouble with the copy machine, please see the front desk personnel to assist you.
- If the machine is malfunctioning after hours or on the weekend, you can use the copy feature on the fax machine for small copy jobs. The instructions on how to use it as a copy machine are simple and are posted by the machine.
- There are “quick guides” to programming overheads and how to reduce European paper posted on the bulletin board behind the copy machine.
- If you have large copy jobs, they can be submitted to Quick Copy/Reprographics 752-COPY (752-2679). See the front desk personnel for a Quick Copy form. http://reprographics.ucdavis.edu.
- Quick Copy has moved to 176 Hoagland Hall. We are on an on-call basis. The front office will call Quick Copy to have a courier come pick up the copy request order. It is about a 1-2 hour wait for courier to pick it up. However, it can be walked over to 176 Hoagland for much quicker service.
The Department is charged per copy by Reprographics. If you find it necessary to restock the copy machine please use only the reamed paper stored in the short storage cabinet. This is the paper stock that matches up with the per copy count from Reprographics.
Each Faculty Member and their labs have their own copy card. In addition, each class also has their own copy card. The front office has a backup set of copy cards for Faculty & the current quarters class card available. The Advising Office also has backup copy cards for VEN courses. They can be borrowed but they need to be returned to the main office after use. If you’ve lost your card or your card is not working properly please see Linda Wiegand in the Business office.
- If you would like the front desk or student assistants to work on a copy project for you, please fill out a “copy request form” found in the vertical sorter in the mailroom http://wineserver.ucdavis.edu/internal/Forms/Photocopy.pdf
- Please submit requests with reasonable turn around time whenever possible.
- Please bring the request to the front desk personnel’s attention before placing in the student assistant vertical file for processing.