Department Key Policy and Guidelines
AUTHORIZATION OF KEYS:
The Chair and Vice Chair have final authority over department keys & key policy. This authority can be re-delegated under the following guidelines and restrictions.
• Only the Department Chair, Vice Chair, or MSO approves Master Keys.
• In some circumstances, i.e., Oakville & Tyree Vineyards or Winery, Pilot Winery and/or Cellar, this authority has been re-delegated to the current Committee Chair’s of the Vineyard and Winery along with the Managers of each of the Facilities.
• Faculty and/or Staff, who have direct responsibility and/or assignment over a lab or office, have the authority to assign keys those office or lab areas only. Example: Faculty X has authority over his specific lab and office and can authorize the issuance of additional keys for that specific area. Faculty X can also re-delegate the authority to his subordinate, in writing, if they wish. These keys and the authority DOES NOT include Masters!
• Another example of someone who would have authority of issuing additional keys would be a staff member who is in charge of a specific area, such as the winery, culture collection, etc. Authority is re-delegated by the Chair to the staff member. This will be done in writing.
Winery, Pilot Winery Cellar:
• All Faculty will receive key card access to the cellar (which will be locked 24/7) and the winery & pilot winery (which will be open 8-5 during work days). Faculty has been instructed NOT to lend their key to anyone!!!
• Anyone else who needs access for an extended period will need to fill out a key card request form and obtain signature approval from either the winery chair or winery manager. Once approved, please expect a one-week turn-around time to receive the card.
• Cards may NOT be shared -- if anyone is caught, they will lose their key privileges.
• Anyone who needs a key for quick access (1 hour) may fill out the form and if approved by proper authorities, will be provided with a loaner key for that time.
• If anyone has any questions or concerns please speak to the Winery Chair or Winery Manager.
Tyree and Oakville Vineyards:
• Faculty will receive key access to Vineyard Facilities upon request.
• Anyone else who needs access for an extended period will need to fill out a key request form (available from Traci Chriss) and obtain signature approval from either the vineyard chair or vineyard manager. Once approved, you will receive a key within 24 hours.
• Keys may NOT be shared -- if anyone is caught, they will lose their key privileges.
• Anyone who needs a key for quick access (1 hour) may fill out the form and if approved will be provided with a loaner key for that time.
• If anyone has any questions or concerns please speak to the Vineyard Chair or Vineyard Manager.
RE-KEYING OR LOCK CHANGES:
• All lock and key change requests must have approval of the Chair, Vice Chair, and notification to the MSO prior to any change. This is not re-delegated and a re-key or re-order request form must be completed, obtaining appropriate signatures.
• When a key change impacts more than one person, lab or area, this needs to be brought to the immediate attention of the Chair for discussion and approval of Chair/Vice Chair and notification to MSO.