Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Customer Service Representative|
|Employer||O Olive Oil|
|Employment Location||Petaluma, CA 94954|
|Company Description|| O OLIVE OIL & VINEGAR is the premier producer of California specialty olive oils and wine vinegars. O was the first in this country to crush organic citrus with olives to produce our signature line of oils. Our products are sold in gourmet, natural food and specialty stores in the United States, Canada, Japan and Europe, and Latin America.|
1n 1995 Greg Hinson, co- founder and president, combined his unusual passion for citrus and healthy eating by crushing whole organic citrus with fresh California Mission olives to create an unparalleled new product category — the extra virgin citrus olive oil. These oils are neither infused nor flavored after pressing as is common in the industry.
In 1997 Hinson turned this same respect for simple natural processes to hand crafting varietal wine vinegars. O Olive Oil & Vinegar is one of the few remaining vinegar makers in this country using the old world Orleans method of natural aging in wood barrels rather than mechanically force-aging the vinegars. The difference is noticeable. In 2003 Cook’s Illustrated named our O Zinfandel Vinegar, “overall winner among gourmet brands,” touting its “distinctly earthy, fruity flavor.”
Our products have been featured repeatedly in the New York Times and in top food magazines including Food and Wine, Gourmet, and Saveur, which selected our O Ruby Grapefruit Olive Oil to its prestigious list of 100 international favorites. Oprah calls them “terrific oils and vinegars” and has featured them both on her show and in her magazine. O has also been featured on the Food Network, Top Chef, and ABC Good Morning America.
O products are a favorite of home cooks and professional chefs alike. Our vinegars and oils are in the kitchens of Elizabeth Faulkner, Chris Cosentino, David Chang, Giada de Laurentis, Jacques Pepin, Michael Mina, Sarah Moulton, Wolfgang Puck, Charlie Palmer, and Alice Waters among others.
The food industry agrees. O Olive Oil has been recognized with 17 trophies at the annual International Fancy Food Show in New York City, including Product of the Year.
O’s passion for quality is relentless, as well as our respect for healthy food, simplicity, great taste and beautiful design.
|Pay Scale||Depends on experience|
|Employment Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Job Description|| This role is responsible for providing a high level of service to our customers and interacts with internal and external customers, business managers, broker network and supporting functional teams to handle a variety of pre-sales or post-sales service functions. Supports sales and serves customers by providing product and service information, resolving product and service problems. |
• Provide professional customer service in a fast-paced environment, with a focus on continuous process improvement and teamwork.
• Perform accurate sales order data entry, revisions, order shipment and/or delivery verifications.
• Responsible for processing all orders, verifying accuracy of all pricing, shipping and billing information and ensuring correct entry into the accounting system.
• Manages all Customer Service needs as received through telephone, e-mail, fax, etc.
• Directs non-Customer Service calls to appropriate staff.
• Establishes productive relationship with current and potential customers by answering product and product usage questions, suggesting other products which might pair well with product under discussion.
• Maintains customer accounts by recording relevant information and updating customer records.
• Resolves and tracks product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution.
• Collaborates with Accounting Manager to update financial accounts by processing customer adjustments.
• Participate and work with Business Managers on continuous improvement project teams to develop and implement new processes that enhance customer service.
• Recommends potential products innovations to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs and requests.
• Assists in preparing product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
• Acts as the facto office manager, including ordering office supplies, facilities management, and processing incoming and outgoing mail.
• Proper handling of O Olive’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Competency in various software programs including Power Point, Excel, Word and Outlook. Ability to learn or knowledge of QuickBooks or Fishbowl, JD Edwards or equivalent level ERP system.
• 1-2 years of experience in customer service, sales, or other customer facing positions.
• Strong diplomatic, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent English language oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills, via phone, in person and email.
• Self-directed with excellent organizational skills. Strong time management and problem-solving skills.
• Cross-functional collaboration: Able to contribute creatively to and effectively with entire team.
• Thoroughness & attention to detail.
• Ability to be productive in a fast-paced environment, often managing competing priorities.
|Contact Info||Email resume to email@example.com|
|Contact Address||1997 S. McDowell Blvd.\r\n Suite A\r\n Petaluma, CA 94954|
Return to Main List