Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Enologist/Wine Production Manager|
|Employer||Knights Bridge Winery|
|Company Description||Knights Bridge Winery and Huge Bear Wines are wineries founded by family members who celebrate a shared passion for wine and food, a love of farming, and a respect for nature. The distinct nature of the two wineries allow for an expression of terroir and winemaking style, while remaining true to each brand. Production is very limited and comes not only from our Estate vineyards in Knights Valley but also from several prestigious vineyards.|
|Employment Start Date||Immediately|
|Job Description|| For our Enologist/Wine Production Manager, we are looking for an individual that can be part of our growing team. This position will report directly to the winemaker and assist him in all duties from harvest to finished wines. This is an exciting opportunity for the individual who is looking to grow with a company, contribute to the production team by using their experiences from previous positions, continue to expand their knowledge in winemaking, and proactively look for new ways and methods to better streamline and perform their work.|
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Winemaker in daily cellar operations
• Maintain high levels of safety and cellar hygiene
• Responsible for ordering, inventory, and maintenance of harvest, cellar, and bottling supplies
• Monitor bottling and QC
• Prepare Bench Trials
• Participate and design wine improvement trials
• Create and maintain winery SOP’s
• Create and maintain annual wine documents including Packaging Profiles and wine analysis charts.
• Set up and participate in both internal winery and external industry wine tastings
• Responsible for creating work orders and monthly compliance reporting in winery and vineyard including weekly tracking and reporting of winery actions and data input in to VinTrace. Experience with VinTrace preferred.
• Monthly management of pulling samples for routine analysis and topping
• Harvest grape sampling, crop estimates, flagging vineyard, analysis, and reporting
• During harvest - inoculation and monitoring of fermenting tanks and barrels; including updating brix and temp daily, tasting fermenting lots for soundness, monitoring pump overs and alerting winemaker to any potentially troubled lots.
• Provide marketing support for both brands by participating in events in the Tasting Room and at other venues.
• Ideal candidate will have a commitment to excellence and high standards, a positive attitude and a desire to be a team player by supporting the Winemaker in all aspects of the job
• Enology / Viticulture degree or similar discipline with 3-5 years prior experience in production of fine wine.
• Commitment to producing high scoring wine from our estate vineyard
• Self-motivated and detail orientated with precision in all work. Accuracy and attention to detail a must.
• Good verbal and written communication skills to effectively manage up and down
• High level of organization skills and ability to proactively manage time.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and work independently
• Strong computer skills in Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, VinTrace
• Willing to work increased harvest hours including weekends and early mornings
• Reliable method of transportation
• Other duties as needed
|Contact Info||Email cover letter, resume, and questions to Douglas Danielak - email@example.com|
|Contact Address||1373 Lincoln Avenue Calistoga CA 94515|
Return to Main List