Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Employer||Peachy Canyon Winery|
|Employment Location||Cellar/Lab Intern|
|Company Description|| Peachy Canyon is a family owned and operated winery in beautiful Paso Robles on California’s Central Coast; near Hearst Castle and Big Sur. |
Founded by Doug and Nancy Beckett in 1988, Peachy Canyon has long been praised as a producer of award winning California wines that exemplify respect for terroir and dedicated winemaking.
|Employment Start Date||Beginning of August|
|Employment End Date||End of November|
|Job Description|| We are currently seeking one more seasonal intern to round out our dynamic winemaking team for our 30th harvest, from early August into November. While commonly associated with Zinfandel, we grow and produce a wide range of Bordeaux and Rhone varieties as well, sourcing fruit from vineyards spread across the west side of Paso Robles.|
Here at Peachy Canyon we play hard, but we also work hard. This is a physically-demanding harvest position that will require long hours and weekends. That said pay is hourly and dependent on previous experience. International candidates are strongly encouraged as we have current staff that has spent harvests overseas and truly want to share the central coast with the world. Our cellar features a full kitchen and housing options at the winery are available.
Our intent is to produce world class wines, and as such a large amount of time will be dedicated to cleaning and sanitation. However, we strive to give our interns the opportunity to participate in all phases of production including but not limited to receiving grapes, cap management, additions, laboratory analysis, pressing and barreling down. Qualified candidates must additionally possess a strong work ethic, great attention to detail, a positive attitude and the ability to legally work in California.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous winery production & harvest experience desired, but not required.
- Strong work ethic, great attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage changing priorities and workflow.
- Passion for winemaking and desire to learn winemaking techniques.
- Ability to work while bending, twisting, squatting, pushing, pulling, reaching overhead, or kneeling for 2 to 3 hrs continuously, and up to 12 hrs/day.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to learn forklift operation.
|Contact Address|| 2025 Nacimiento Lake Dr.|
Paso Robles, CA 93446
Return to Main List