Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Harvest Lab Intern - Etude Wines|
|Company Description||At Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) we welcome individuals who seek to make extraordinary impact. We embrace an environment where you can set about defining yourself and your career. Our global portfolio of instantly recognized wine brands include Penfolds, Beringer, Sterling Vineyards, Etude, Stags’ Leap and 19 Crimes; TWE is an organization where the sky’s the limit.|
|Employment Start Date||July|
|Employment End Date||Nov (approx)|
|Job Description|| As a Harvest Lab Intern, you will work directly with the Winemaking Team to perform and analyze all harvest chemistry on grapes and wine and work with over 24 different varietals. Come join our energetic and passionate team for Harvest 2017!|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Harvest Interns will work with all laboratory equipment and in a fast paced environment, including the following:
• Perform routine harvest juice and wine analysis by hand or using automated equipment, including pH, TA, brix, alcohol, ammonia, free and total sulfur, VA, residual sugars, and various other analyses.
• Learn to read and interpret analytical results accurately and efficiently to maintain fermentation quality
• Daily brix and temperature monitoring on fermenting tanks and barrels.
• Preparation of reagents, enzymes, standards.
• Assist with wine and juice sampling, data submissions, data entry.
• Understand and abide by safety guidelines and laboratory procedures
• Assist with cellar activities and participate in daily winemaker tastings when time allows
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid California Driver's License and clean DMV record required
• Degree in or currently enrolled in Enology, Viticulture, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related scientific field.
• Previous winery experience is desired, but not required.
• Ability to work both independently and as a dynamic, contributing team member in a fast-paced environment
• Positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and willingness to work long hours inside or outside
• Ability to perform physical labor if necessary, and to lift 50lbs.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Excellent communication skills; can communicate effectively in English.
• Experience in Microsoft Excel and Word required, strong data management skills preferred
• Must be 21 years of age
|Contact Info||Please submit your resume to Greg.Gerow@tweglobal.com|
|Contact Address||1250 Cuttings Wharf Rd, Napa, CA 94559|
Return to Main List