Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Full Time Cellar Worker|
|Employment Location||Oakville, Napa Valley, California|
|Company Description|| PlumpJack Winery is searching for a full-time cellar worker to join our production team. We are a small winery whose dedication to producing the highest quality wines has garnered a strong reputation within the industry and amongst consumers. We are located on a small estate in the prestigious Oakville AVA and produce highly regarded Cabernet Sauvignon from this estate. We also produce a Merlot, Syrah, and Chardonnay from other outstanding sites within the Napa Valley.|
This is an opportunity to be part of a small team within an organization respected for its strong culture, innovative spirit, and its socially and environmentally conscious efforts. This position works closely with the Winemaker and Enologist in all facets of the winemaking process and offers invaluable experience, knowledge, and insight into the production of these reputable wines.
|Employment Start Date||July 2, 2018|
|Job Description|| SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Winemaker, help to craft all wines for PlumpJack Winery |
* Execute all general cellar activities
* Wine transfers, racking, and blending
* Barrel operations: Racking, filling, and topping
* Barrel maintenance: Upkeep, sanitation, repairs, and staining
* Operate all harvest equipment
* Cap management
* Setup and execute filtration
* Additions to must, juice, and wine
* Sanitize all winery equipment and upkeep cleanliness of cellar
* Wine sampling
* Grape sampling
* Taste blend trials
* Assist on bottling line
* Forklift operations with barrels, grapes, and case goods
* Follow and observe all safety guidelines
* Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
|Contact Info||Aaron Miller|
|Contact Address|| 620 Oakville Cross Rd|
Napa, CA 94558
|Other Information|| JOB KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:|
* High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree in Enology preferred. English fluency required. Two years cellar experience preferred. Ability to lift 50 pounds; 40 pounds regularly and repetitively. CA driver’s license with a clean DMV record and reliable transportation.
* Must be passionate, enthusiastic, dedicated, positive, and team-oriented.
Return to Main List