Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||CELLAR INTERN: THE PRISONER WINE COMPANY|
|Employment Location||St. Helena, CA|
|Company Description||Constellation Brands (NYSE: STZ and STZ.B), a Fortune 500® company, is a leading international producer and marketer of beer, wine and spirits with operations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and Italy.|
|Employment Start Date||August|
|Employment End Date||November|
|Job Description|| Work side by side with cellar staff in grape and wine processing and finishing operations. Assists in crushing, fermentation, blending, barrel aging, finishing and storage of all products produced at the winery.|
This is a seasonal job; dates are generally between August and November, depending on the start and end of harvest. Hours are determined on an as needed basis to keep up with grape processing. This may include weekend work, and overtime.
- Clean, sanitize and sterilize equipment, apply general housekeeping practices, carry out Reductive Handling/Non-Oxidative techniques, carry out the Sluicing process and measure and calculate routine workplace data.
- Carry out product transfer operations, operate the red fermenter pump over system, carry out bulk wine shipping and receiving operations, operate the rotary fermenter, prepare and make additives and finings and fill SO2 cylinders.
- Assist with operating non-ammonia chilling and warming equipment.
- Perform fermentation support operations.
- Apply correct wine sampling techniques and assist with tracking and wine quality.
- Carry out inert gas handling in transfer processes.
- May assist with operating the crush equipment.
- May work with lab personnel to test samples and track daily routine analysis on wines and juices.
- Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member’s safety.
- Field of Study: Enology or related field (required).
- Some production experience in cellar, operations, processing or related is preferred, but not required.
Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision when required
Good communication skills – oral and written
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Works outdoors/indoors
- Works in warm/cold climates
- Works in high places
- Works on wet surfaces
- Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
- Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
- Primary office environment may be warehouse/distribution setting
Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Contact Info||apply by visiting: www.cbrands.com/careers|
|Contact Address||1178 Galleron Rd. St. Helena, CA|
Return to Main List