Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Harvest Lab Assistant|
|Employer||Miner Family Winery|
|Employment Location||Napa, CA|
|Company Description||Miner Family Winery is a family-owned, ultra-premium winery located in the eastern hills of Oakville, Napa Valley. We have a diverse portfolio of many varietals and we craft our wines with fruit from some of California’s finest vineyards, including Stagecoach Vineyards in Napa Valley and Garys’ and Rosella’s Vineyards in the Santa Lucia Highlands.|
|Employment Start Date||Early August|
|Employment End Date||Late November|
|Job Description|| The Harvest Lab Intern is primarily responsible for accurate and timely general wine and juice analysis, inoculation of tanks, fermentation monitoring, and maintaining lab materials.|
• Daily juice analysis and fermentation monitoring
• General laboratory analysis and procedures including: pH, Alcohol, CO2, DO, Free and Total SO2, Reagent preparation and standardization, Volatile Acidity, Acid Trials, Blending trials, Fining Trials, Enzymatic analysis (ML, RS, NOPA, Ammonia).
• Re-hydration of yeast and tank inoculation
• Harvest maturity samples
• Monthly bulk wine QC (SO2/VA) for topping
• Calibrating laboratory equipment
• Ability to read, write, and speak English.
• Ability to follow oral and written directions; work well under pressure and time limits.
• Must be able to work 8 to 10 hour days, 40 hours per week except for crush when overtime and weekends are necessary.
• Bachelor of Science in Enology or related field
• Familiarity with basic winemaking and production processes.
• Knowledge of general chemical principals, laboratory analysis and methodology.
|Contact Info||Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact Address|| 7850 Silverado Trail|
Oakville, CA 94562
Return to Main List