Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Harvest Lab Technician|
|Employer||Rodney Strong Vineyards|
|Employment Location||Healdsburg, CA|
|Pay Scale||Competitive TBD|
|Employment Start Date||July TBD|
|Employment End Date||November TBD|
|Job Description|| The Harvest Lab Technician provides analytical information to the wine making and viticulture teams to help ensure quality in all aspects of the winemaking process. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: a wide variety of wine chemical analysis, chemical standardization, tank and barrel sampling, data entry, reagent preparation, equipment maintenance, and daily lab cleanup.|
The harvest position will allow opportunities to work alongside an experienced team to learn about a wide range of wine making and analysis techniques. Harvest lunches are typically provided by the company during peak harvest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow company procedures to analyze samples for alcohol, pH, TA, VA, ML, sugars, SO2, and other analysis
• Always follow company safety rules and regulations to ensure a safe working environment for all employees
• Interact with other members of the production and viticulture staff to satisfy requests, disseminate information, problem solve and meet company goals
• Enter data in computer database daily (AMS software)
• Perform general housekeeping and clean up tasks daily
• Work in Bottling Lab
• Be available and flexible to overtime and weekend work as required by lab and grape schedules, especially from August to December
• Perform other duties as are directed by the the lab managers or Winemakers as needed
• Perform some duties at elevated heights (e.g. elevated walkways, ladders/stairs, etc.), as required
• Education: minimum HS diploma; college science background preferred
• Eligibility for work in the US
• Must show initiative, discipline, and focus to start a project, follow the procedures, and finish all the details
• Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
• Computer skills to include, MS Excel, Word and Outlook
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk and hear effectively. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste and smell. The employee must frequently and safely climb a ladder while carrying some equipment. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include adequate close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and to perform analysis based on differences in color, precise number reading and meniscus level.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working with strong acids, strong bases, and oxidizing chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to very hot glass containing boiling water, moving forklifts and other moving mechanical parts, and will be required to perform some duties at elevated heights. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
|Contact Info||Email: email@example.com|
|Contact Address||11455 Old Redwood Highway|
Return to Main List