Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Full-Time Cellar Worker|
|Employment Location||Calistoga, CA|
|Company Description||Small family owned winery in the Napa Valley with a high focus on quality.|
|Pay Scale||19.00-21.00 DOE|
|Employment Start Date||5/21/18|
|Employment End Date||N/A|
|Job Description|| Pahlmeyer, a family owned winery in Napa Valley, is looking for a passionate and dedicated Cellar Worker to join our harvest production team. At Pahlmeyer, we are committed to creating a dynamic and focused environment, allowing us to craft Napa Valley wines of the utmost quality. In achieving excellence in winemaking, we also seek to create and support opportunities for all employees to develop long-term careers and pursue lifelong learning. |
Pahlmeyer cellar workers are accountable for performing all cellar activities under the overall guidance of our Cellar Master. Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Complete all cellar procedures, with great attention to detail
• Adhere to precise standards of cellar cleanliness and sanitation.
• Assist in all winery responsibilities including: receiving fruit, pump overs, additions to fermentation vessels, collecting samples, draining, red and white pressing, barrel stirring, barreling down, transporting barrels and grapes.
• Maintain detailed and accurate records of work performed.
• Aptitude and ability to work with pumps, filtration, gases, fittings, hoses, tanks and other equipment used in cellar and winemaking processes.
• Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies
• Follow directions under minimal supervision.
• Thorough knowledge and application of sanitation, wine movement, topping, barrel maintenance, and winery equipment.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to follow precise instructions with accurate results.
Key among the requirements will be a positive attitude, strong work ethic and a drive for quality. Furthermore, candidates must be able to lift 50 lbs. and work for extended hours, including weekends. Interested and qualified candidates should send a complete resume and cover letter to Stephen@pahlmeyer.com. For further information, please visit www.pahlmeyer.com.
|Contact Info||Please submit CV's and Resumes to Stephen@pahlmeyer.com|
|Contact Address|| 1111 Dunaweal ln|
Calistoga, CA 94515
Return to Main List