Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Cellar Intern for Harvest 2018|
|Employment Location||Napa, CA|
|Pay Scale||Based on Experience|
|Employment Start Date||August 13, 2018|
|Employment End Date||November 21, 2018|
|Job Description|| Job Summary: |
This seasonal position is responsible for supporting Artesa’s full-time cellar crew with cellar operations as directed by the Cellar Master and/or Assistant Winemaker or Winemaker. This position reports to the Cellar Master. Note that this position involves working overtime, including nights and weekends. In addition, during the peak harvest season, cellar interns will be working six days a week. The internship runs from early August to mid-November, with the possibility of staying longer based on workload.
If you do not have US citizenship, you are responsible for obtaining your own valid visa.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Tasks include, but are not limited to:
o beginning to intermediate forklift operation
o assist in crush pad operations
o assist w/ wine press work
o topping, barrel work
o setting up lines & tanks for wine transfers,
o yeast and nutrient additions
o circulate wine in tanks
o shipping/receiving wine in tanker trucks
o Basic understanding of the sorting table; assist senior personnel as required.
o Understanding of the crush pad, tank and cellar sanitation, general cleanliness and maintaining an organized, neat workplace.
• Cellar techniques used are in accordance with the winery’s high standards of quality and SOP.
Other Job Responsibilities:
• Responsible for following safety requirements and taking all reasonable precautions and preventative measures to insure the safety of yourself and your co-workers.
• Responsible for using equipment carefully, correctly and respectfully. Responsible for communicating with your Supervisor about the condition of equipment and potential equipment problems or failures.
• Responsible for notifying staff of any potential wine quality problems or concerns.
• Able to lift and carry 48 pounds (weight of a case of wine)
• Able to climb ladders, catwalk stairs and stand for extended periods of time.
• Able to shovel pomace and operate a pneumatic punch-down device.
|Contact Info|| email@example.com|
|Contact Address|| 1345 Henry Rd|
Napa, CA 94559
Return to Main List