Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Harvest Crush Supervisor and Cellar Intern|
|Employment Location||Napa, CA|
|Company Description||Dana Estates is a small boutique winery located in St. Helena. We produce three vineyard designate Cabernet Sauvignons and a Sauvignon Blanc under the direction of Winemakers Chris Cooney and Philippe Melka.|
|Employment Start Date||Late August|
|Employment End Date||Late November/Early December|
|Job Description|| This harvest internship position provides experience in winemaking at the highest level. We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable interns with a great attention to detail. The Crush Supervisor plays a vital role during harvest, carrying out all fruit receiving and crush operations.|
• Responsible for crush line setup, fruit receiving, and management of temp. workers under guidance of the Assistant Winemaker.
• Involved in all other harvest activities: pump-overs, barrel rolling, racking, additions, cleaning, pressing, etc.
• Assist with lab sampling and fermentation monitoring when time allows.
• Assist with vineyard sampling and observations when time allows.
• Assist in non-harvest cellar operations: topping, racking, additions, sampling, etc.
|Contact Info||Please send Resume and short cover letter explaining why you would like to work at Dana Estates to Assistant Winemaker, Maura Johnson.|
|Contact Address|| 1500 Whitehall Lane|
St. Helena, CA 94574
|Other Information|| Job Requirements:|
• Must have experience driving a forklift.
• Must have reliable transportation and housing.
• Must be comfortable with cleaning and maintaining a neat and tidy work area.
• Must be able to communicate proficiently in English.
• Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license.
• Must have general understanding of cellar operations, at least 1 harvest of experience preferred.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds and sustain physical activity over long work days.
Return to Main List