Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Harvest winemaking assistants|
|Employment Location||Paso Robles|
|Company Description||At ONX winery, we specialize in blends off our west-side estate located in the coveted Templeton Gap AVA, as well as provide custom crush services for a handful of local premium brands.|
|Employment Start Date||August|
|Employment End Date||December|
|Job Description|| Interns will join our small, four-person production team in processing small, premium lots over the course of the vintage and be exposed to all facets of the winemaking process. This will include (but not be limited to):|
• Crush-pad and sorting-line operations
• Fermentation management (i.e. pump-overs and punch-downs)
• Barrel work (topping, filling, racking, cleaning, etc)
• Sanitation (Make it sparkle)
• Sampling (in cellar and vineyards)
• Wine and must additions
• Participation in on-site benchmark tastings, lot evaluations, and blending trials.
• Laboratory analyses
• Bottling prep and bottling line operations
• Have a general understanding of fruit processing and fermentation
• Have one year of harvest cellar experience (preferred), but we are willing the train the right candidate
• Possess great attention to detail
• Work well as a team member
• Be available to work from approximately early August through mid-December (possibility to work through a bottling in late December).
• Be dependable and flexible to work overtime and weekends during the peak of harvest.
• Have a local living situation established. Please, no International inquiries. We will not accept resumes from candidates outside the US.
• Be prompt and show up to shifts on time.
• Have a clean DMV record and a current driver’s license as well as a reliable form of transportation.
• Possess or be willing to develop a love for South Park quotes
|Contact Info|| please email either Drew the assistant winemaker at firstname.lastname@example.org|
or Lily the enologist at email@example.com
|Contact Address||2910 Limestone way \r\nPaso Robles, CA 93446|
Return to Main List