Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Employer||Clos Du Val Wine Co.|
|Employment Location||Napa, Ca|
|Company Description||Small to mid-sized estate winery in Stags Leap District|
|Pay Scale||$17/hr plus overtime|
|Employment Start Date||8/1/18|
|Employment End Date||11/30/18|
|Job Description|| Clos Du Val Wine Company is looking for energetic, hard-working, and enthusiastic people to work the 2018 Harvest.|
This is a seasonal full time position. Successful candidates must have a flexible schedule and be able to work extended
hours 6-7 days per week from August through November 2018.
Essential responsibilities and duties to include but will not be limited to:
• Vineyard sampling
• Assist in receiving and processing fruit
• Operation of crush equipment and presses
• Conducting pump overs and punch downs
• Assisting with additions to juice and wine
• Performing sanitation procedures
• Draining and pressing tanks, including shoveling pomace
• Racking barrels, filling barrels, transferring wine
• Monitoring fermentations as needed
• Forklift operation
• Lab work, general winery operations, and lots of cleaning
• High standard of quality
• A strong attention to detail, positive attitude, willingness to work hard and get dirty, and ability to work well with others is essential
• Ability follow directions, work independently and the willingness to work until the job is done
• Must have a flexible schedule. Must be able to work long extended hours (over 40 hours/wk) and on weekends
• Ability to work outside, in all types of weather conditions, on uneven surfaces, and feel comfortable with heights
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Fluency in English is required: both written and verbal.
Must be able to provide your own housing, transportation and meals.
International Applicants must secure their own J-1 visa.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT USED: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and
arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance;
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and is occasionally required to perform work duties outdoors. The employee may be occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
|Contact Info||Please email cover letter and resume.|
|Contact Address||5330 Silverado Trail|
Return to Main List