Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||2018 Harvest Intern|
|Employer||Hamel Family Wines|
|Employment Location||Sonoma, CA|
|Company Description||Hamel Family Wines is a winery located in Sonoma Valley that produces approximately 5,000 cases of wine per year and is devoted to the production of wines from estate biodynamic and organic vineyards that express a true sense of purpose, place and the fun that was had in making them.|
|Pay Scale||$15/hour plus staff meals.|
|Employment Start Date||Early August 2018|
|Employment End Date||November 2018|
|Job Description||Hamel Family Wines, located in Sonoma Valley, CA is seeking harvest interns to be a part of its winemaking team for the 2018 harvest, expected to last from August through November. Successful candidates will share a passion for wine, an interest in learning about organic and biodynamic grape growing and the winemaking process, be prepared to work hard in a team-oriented, exacting work environment, and willing to work long, concentrated hours.|
|Contact Info||To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: Harvest@hamelfamilywines.com|
|Contact Address||15401 Sonoma Highway|
|Other Information|| Harvest Intern Responsibilities Include: |
• Vineyard sampling and flagging;
• Operating sorting, de-stemming, and press equipment during grape
• Fermentation management (stirring barrels for whites; rolling barrels and
pump-overs for reds), monitoring, and analysis;
• Performing inoculations and fermentation additions;
• Maintaining winery sanitation.
The intern positions will require long, concentrated hours at the winery including
weekends and evenings.
• Strong work ethic and self starter;
• Pleasant, team-oriented attitude;
• Enthusiasm to engage in all winery and vineyard tasks;
• Attention to detail;
• Strong communication skills; competency in Spanish is a plus;
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.;
• Previous cellar experience is preferred, but not a necessity;
• Valid driver’s license.
Return to Main List