Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Harvest Viticulture Technician|
|Employer||Pernod Ricard Winemakers|
|Employment Location||Mumm Napa & Kenwood Vineyards|
|Company Description|| Pernod Ricard has established itself as number one in the premium segment and co-leader in the Wines & Spirits sector operating through over 80 affiliates and 70 countries worldwide. Pernod Ricard Winemakers is the premium wine division of Pernod Ricard and boasts one of the world’s most diverse portfolios of premium wines such as Jacob’s Creek in Australia, Brancott Estate in New Zealand, Campo Viejo from Spain, Graffigna in Argentina, Helen Mountain from China and Kenwood Vineyards & Mumm Napa in California. |
At Pernod Ricard Winemakers we offer you a purpose, a place to explore your potential, to grow, think, dream and create. We embrace diversity, reward imagination and create change. We listen to the needs of our employees and create an environment that helps you thrive
|Employment Start Date||May 1, 2018|
|Employment End Date||October 2018|
|Job Description|| This position is responsible for assisting Grower Relations Department in evaluating grape maturity in grower and estate vineyards. Visit Mumm Napa and Kenwood Vineyards, vineyards to monitor and sample grape maturity during harvest season. Record pertinent information, and update files. Communicate to the Grower Relations Manager regarding conditions as necessary, i.e.: vine health, damage from pests, Powdery Mildew, Botrytis, etc. |
This job description is designed to outline the essential functions of the position, but is not intended to be all inclusive.
• Grape maturity (sugar) sampling for all vineyard blocks.
• Monitor vineyards for pests, diseases, nutritional disorders and vine health. Communicate issues to Grower Relations Manager as needed.
• Data entry into and work with Excel spreadsheets.
• Place traps if requested and monitor for sharpshooters and/or mealy bugs.
• Cluster counts and cluster weights to help with crop estimates.
• Check on individual vineyard(s) grape harvesting as needed for quality control
• Assist with collection, verification and filing of required reports needed from growers, i.e. Pre-harvest pest reports.
• Special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
• Over 21 years of age
• Safe driving record with valid California Driver’s License
• Good understanding of fundamentals of viticulture: planting, physiology of vine, nutrients, pest and diseases
• Personable and good verbal communication to interact with growers and vineyard management companies
• Physical endurance: be able to work outdoors in different terrains and climates
• Computer literate: basic level of Microsoft Excel & Word.
• BS in Viticulture, Enology or related field
• Advance knowledge of viticulture practices
• Previous experience as viti-tech
• Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
• Qualified Applicator License (QAL)
• Spanish as second language
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
• Flexible hours, weekends and long hours will be required during grape harvest
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Enjoys working out-of-doors and in all types of weather
• Requires frequent driving and walking through vineyards with varied terrain
• The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the key responsibilities/essential functions
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
|Contact Info||Please email resume to Careers.MummNapa@pernod-ricard.com|
|Contact Address||8445 Silverado Trail Napa, CA 94558|
Return to Main List