Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Employer||Paul Hobbs Winery & CrossBarn Winery|
|Employment Location||Sebastopol, CA|
|Company Description||For twenty-five years, Paul Hobbs Winery has produced wines as meticulously made in the vineyard as they are in the cellar. Paul’s unrivaled international experience and pioneering instinct for identifying exceptional vineyards led him to Napa and Sonoma, where he has refined the art of site-specific viticulture and precision winemaking. Our single-vineyard wines are made to express their distinctive origins, fermented with native yeasts, and bottled un-fined and unfiltered. They continue to garner accolades for their elegant expression of vintage and place. This is only the beginning: through our endeavor to foster relationships between farmers and winemakers, and our enduring focus on small production, single vineyard pinot noir, chardonnay and cabernet sauvignon, we are artfully crafting the future of winemaking.|
|Employment Start Date||Early August|
|Employment End Date||Mid November|
|Job Description|| Paul Hobbs Winery is seeking interns to join the production team for the 2018 harvest. Dedication to wine quality, a strong work ethic, attention to details, and a great attitude are of the utmost importance. |
Interns are responsible for all aspects of cellar work including fruit sorting and crushpad operations, cap manipulations (pumpovers/punchdowns), fermentation monitoring, rackings, barrel work, etc. A substantial amount of time will be dedicated to cleaning and sanitation.
Qualifications & Specific Skills:
1. Minimum of 1 harvest of cellar experience.
2. Strong organizational skills; ability to manage changing priorities and workflow.
3. Willingness to learn winemaking operations and their effect on wine quality and style.
4. Be accountable.
5. Basic math, reading, and writing skills.
6. Ability to work while bending, twisting, squatting, pushing, pulling, reaching overhead, or kneeling for 2 to 3 hours continuously, and up to 12 hours per day.
7. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
8. Ability to learn forklift operation.
9. Ability to drive a car and present a valid driver’s license.
10. Willingness to work long hours, nightshift and weekends.
|Contact Info||Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com|
|Contact Address||3355 Gravenstein HWY North, Sebastopol, CA 95472|
Return to Main List