Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Harvest Lab Intern|
|Employment Location||Livermore, CA|
|Company Description||Wente Vineyards has been making exceptional quality wine in the Livermore valley for the last 135 years. We are the oldest, continually operated, family owned winery in California. Together, we create one of California’s premier wine country destinations and deliver award-winning wines from the Livermore Valley across the nation and internationally.|
|Pay Scale||Competitive DOE|
|Employment Start Date||Mid July, 2018|
|Employment End Date||Mid November, 2018|
|Job Description|| Wente Vineyards is currently seeking a full time Seasonal Intern to join our team for the 2018 Harvest (August – November). The harvest intern will work under the Enologist, and be a valued member of our laboratory team. Must have respect for other members of the team, a good work ethic, and desire to be a part of our Wente family. The ideal candidate will have an up-for-anything attitude and take pride in their work. Must have a strong work ethic, ability to multitask, and an upbeat personality. |
The Harvest Intern will gain experience in many facets of the winery, including but not limited to:
• Monitor daily fermentations
• Collect and prepare juice and wine samples from tanks and barrels for analysis and tasting
• Perform calibrations on laboratory equipment
• Accurately perform, document, and interpret routine analysis on juice, must, and wine.
• Responsible for chemical preparation, including but not limited to: acids, bases, chemical reagents, buffers, and wine standards.
• Maintain cleanliness of the laboratory
• Additions to wines including yeast and bacteria inoculations.
• Understand and follow current Good Manufacturing Practices
• High standard of quality with attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word
• Must have a flexible schedule. Must be able to work long extended hours (over 40 hours/wk) and on weekends.
• Ability to work outside, in all types of weather conditions, on uneven surfaces, and feel comfortable with heights.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Must have access to transportation to get to our multiple locations in Livermore, CA.
• Serious passion for wine along with the sensory skills necessary for successful winemaking
• Knowledge of practical and technical aspects of winemaking procedure
• A strong attention to detail, positive attitude, willingness to work hard and get dirty, and ability to work well with others is essential
• This is a seasonal full time position. Successful candidates must have a flexible schedule and be able to work extended hours 6-7 days per week from mid-July-mid December.
• Recent graduate with a degree in Wine, Enology, Viticulture, or related field or an equivalent level of relevant experience
• Previous winery or harvest experience preferred
|Contact Info|| * NO PHONE CALLS OR E-MAILS * |
Interested candidates may apply here:
|Contact E-mail||Please apply at link provided.|
Return to Main List