Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Employment Location||Livermore, CA|
|Company Description||Wente Vineyards has been making exceptional quality wine in the Livermore valley for the last 135 years. We are the oldest, continually operated, family owned winery in California. Together, we create one of California’s premier wine country destinations and deliver award-winning wines from the Livermore Valley across the nation and internationally.|
|Pay Scale||Competitive DOE|
|Employment Start Date||August 1, 2018|
|Employment End Date||Mid-December 2018|
|Job Description|| Wente Vineyards is currently seeking a Harvest Enologist to join our Winemaking team for the 2018 Harvest. The ideal candidate will have an up-for-anything attitude and take pride in their work, no matter how small the task. Previous harvest experience is essential along with strong Excel skills and experience with wine analysis or similar. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Enology, Fermentation Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, or related field or be in the process of obtaining a degree in these fields. The ideal candidate should also have an interest in winemaking, respect for and sense of comradery with members of the team, a good work ethic and desire to be a part of the harvest family. |
It’s expected that the Harvest Enologist will have a flexible schedule, be eager and willing to work long extended hours, and be physically fit enough to perform physical tasks or smart enough to ask for help when they can’t. Examples include: lifting/moving awkward objects, climbing ladders, and working outdoors for extended periods of time. This is a full time seasonal position that is anticipated to run from August through mid-December 2018.
The Harvest Enologist will gain experience in many facets of the winery, but will mainly be responsible for the following:
• Support the Winemaker with work order writing and entering work orders into databases, and maintaining those databases.
• Participate in organizing cellar operations such as: pump overs, punch downs, additions, wine transfers and pressing
• Monitor primary and secondary fermentations and other juice, must, and wine analysis
• Assist the Winemaker in identifying issues and recommending solutions.
• Recent graduate or currently pursuing a degree in Enology, Fermentation Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, or related field or an equivalent level of relevant experience
• Previous harvest experience is essential
• Strong Excel skills with attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to perform extensive data entry
• Winery lab experience is beneficial
• Passion for wine along with the sensory skills necessary for successful winemaking
• Detailed oriented with exceptional organizational and analytical skills
• Flexible attitude with the ability to give and take direction
• A strong attention to detail, positive attitude, willingness to work hard and get dirty, and ability to work well with others is essential
• Supervisory and bilingual (Spanish/English) skills are helpful, but not required
• Applicants must be 21 years of age or older due to the nature of the work being performed
• This is a seasonal full time position. Successful candidates must have a flexible schedule and be able to work extended hours 6-7 days per week from August-mid December.
|Contact Info||* NO PHONE CALLS OR E-MAILS * Interested candidates may apply here: https://rn22.ultipro.com/WEN1003/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=1191|
|Contact E-mail||Please apply at link provided.|
Return to Main List