Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Lab Tech Internship|
|Employer||Paul Hobbs Winery|
|Employment Location||Sebastopol, CA|
|Company Description||For twenty-five years, Paul Hobbs Winery has produced wines as meticulously made in the vineyard as they are in the cellar. Paul’s unrivaled international experience and pioneering instinct for identifying exceptional vineyards led him to Napa and Sonoma, where he has refined the art of site-specific viticulture and precision winemaking. Our single-vineyard wines are made to express their distinctive origins, fermented with native yeasts, and bottled un-fined and unfiltered. They continue to garner accolades for their elegant expression of vintage and place. This is only the beginning: through our endeavor to foster relationships between farmers and winemakers, and our enduring focus on small production, single vineyard pinot noir, chardonnay and cabernet sauvignon, we are artfully crafting the future of winemaking.|
|Employment Start Date||Summer|
|Employment End Date||Late November|
|Job Description|| Paul Hobbs Winery is seeking a Lab Technician intern to join the production team for the 2018 summer and harvest seasons. Working under the enologist, the lab intern will assist in running various lab assays and projects. Dedication to wine quality, a strong work ethic, attention to details, strong organizational skills and a great attitude are of the utmost importance. The candidate should also have a lab and college level science background.|
The lab intern may also be responsible for some aspects of cellar work, including fruit sorting and crushpad operations, cap manipulations (pumpovers/punchdowns), fermentation monitoring, rackings, barrel work, etc. A substantial amount of time will be dedicated to cleaning and sanitation.
Qualifications and Specific Skills:
1. Very strong organizational and problem solving skills. Able to multitask and manage changing priorities while maintaining a positive attitude. Exercise good judgment and accountability.
2. Bachelor of Science degree. Winery lab experience preferred.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Strong computer background, with deep knowledge of Excel and proficiency in Word and Outlook.
5. Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a car.
6. Stand 4 to 5 hours continuously, and up to 12 hours per day, on both even and uneven surfaces, and on both hard and soft surfaces (cement, black top, vineyard, etc).
7. Ability to work while bending, twisting, squatting, pushing, pulling, reaching overhead, or kneeling for 2 to 3 hours continuously, and up to 4 hours per day.
8. Ability to perform repetitive hand motions (i.e. gripping) and perform skilled hand labor for 4 to 5 hours continuously, and up to 12 hours per day.
9. Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
10. Willingness and ability to work long hours, early mornings, evenings, and weekend.
|Contact Info||Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com|
|Contact Address||3355 Gravenstein HWY North|
Return to Main List