Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||2018 Harvest Intern|
|Employer||Knights Bridge Winery|
|Employment Location||Napa, CA|
|Company Description|| Knights Bridge Winery and Huge Bear Wines are wineries founded by family members who celebrate a shared passion for wine and food, a love of farming, and a respect for nature. The distinct nature of the two wineries allow for an expression of terroir and winemaking style, while remaining true to each brand. Production is very limited and comes not only from the Estate vineyards in Knights Valley but also from several other prestigious vineyards.|
|Employment Start Date||August 1, 2018|
|Employment End Date||October 31, 2018|
|Job Description|| Knights Bridge Winery is seeking a seasonal intern for the 2018 harvest. The position could start as early as mid-July and last until the end of October. |
The Intern selected will be working side by side with our Director of Winemaking and our Enologist and will participate in all aspects of winemaking, from grape to bottle. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, a great work ethic, and an attention detail.
• Attend Vineyard/Winemaking meetings
• Gather Crop estimates
• Monitor Grape Maturity through sampling
• Processing grape maturity samples for analysis
• Perform basic lab analysis including measuring brix and pH.
• Collect tank and barrel samples throughout processing
• Cellar work may include: sanitation; bottling line work; additions to must/juice; and barrel stirring
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Previous experience and enology education preferred
• Passionate about wine and be a strong team player
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Able to lift 50 lbs. and work extended hours in a physically demanding environment
• Ability to follow standard operating procedures and adhere to strict safety procedures.
|Contact Info||Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org|
Return to Main List