Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Employer||Carlisle Winery & Vineyards|
|Employment Location||Windsor, CA|
|Company Description||Carlisle Winery is a small, ultra-premium wine producer located in the Russian River Valley of Sonoma County, California specializing in old-vine Zinfandel and red Rhône varieties. While most of our fruit is sourced from vineyards throughout Sonoma County (including our own ten acres of Zinfandel planted in the 1920s and two acres of Mourvèdre and mixed blacks planted in 1910), we also work with fruit from some exceptional vineyards in Mendocino, Napa Valley, Santa Lucia Highlands, and Paso Robles. Total case production for 2018 will be approximately 9,000 cases (roughly 165 tons).|
|Pay Scale||$16 - $18 an hour DOE|
|Employment Start Date||approx. 3rd week of August|
|Employment End Date||approx. mid October - early November depending on|
|Job Description|| Are you looking for a rewarding, fun, and highly educational experience in winemaking and grape growing? Then look no further! We seek a trio of highly motivated individuals to join our small winemaking team for approximately three months for the harvest of 2018.|
The ideal applicant is enthusiastic, dependable, self-motivated, and very detail oriented. Excellent communication skills, the ability to perform physically demanding tasks, and the willingness to work long hours are also required. Applicants should possess, or be in the process of acquiring, a BS/MS in Enology, Viticulture, or a related field and at least one harvest’s experience. With no formal wine-related education, previous experience of at least two harvests is required.
Duties will include:
• Crushpad work (fruit sorting, cleaning crushpad equipment, etc.)
• General cellar work (pumpovers/punchdowns, yeast/nutrient additions, “digging” tanks, press operation, barrel downs, topping, general winery upkeep and sanitation, etc.)
• Basic lab work (brix, pH, temperature, etc.) and data recording
• Working side-by-side in vineyard with winemaker and owner performing fine-tuning viticulture tasks such as suckering, leaf-pulling, and green dropping (an excellent opportunity to have in-depth discussions on viticulture and winemaking)
• Visiting vineyard sites and monitoring grape maturity
• Assisting owner in managing vineyard picks
|Contact Info|| Please forward resume & cover letter to:|
Paul Weldy, Cellar Master at:
Incomplete applications and/or those not meeting the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
|Contact Address||6301 Starr Road, Windsor, CA 95492|
|Other Information||Accommodations are available at the Carlisle Vineyard property at a very reasonable rental rate.|
Return to Main List