Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Employment Location||Saint Helena, CA|
|Company Description||Dana Estates is dedicated to making small lots of truly distinctive world class wines. This position provides direct support to the winemaker and manages most of Dana Estates day-to-day wine production activities in pursuit of this goal. This position is responsible for maintaining wine quality, facility cleanliness, upkeep of lab and cellar equipment and supplies, handling all bottling logistics and assisting in cellarwork as needed. The Assistant Winemaker is not responsible for vineyard operations, however the position will assist as needed under the direction of the Winemaker in any vineyard related operations including data analysis, sampling, or other operations. Since Dana Estates is a small operation this position is a hands on position requiring excellent organization, logistics, cellar, and computer skills. The Assistant Winemaker must be willing and available to assist on any project deemed necessary by the winemaker. The Assistant Winemaker must excel in working individually and as a member of a small passionate team.|
|Pay Scale||Based on Experience|
|Employment Start Date||Immediately|
|Job Description|| Responsibilities |
- Manage the day to day cellar and winemaking activities
- Maintain cellar organization and cleanliness
- Manage Vintrace and keep up to date bulk wine inventory
- Perform/oversee/manage all lab analysis and inventory of lab, coordinate samples sent to ETS.
- Update lab and cellar protocols and binders
- Organize, prepare and attend production tastings.
- Organize Production related archive samples and tastings related to these samples
- Cellar activities when necessary
- Vintrace management and coordination of monthly physical cellar inventories.
- Regulatory Filings associated with winemaking activities
- Recommend and organize research projects
- Assist with packaging support and organization
- Organize and manage bottling operation and QC
- Regular vineyard visits with winemaker
o Assist Winemaker with intern hiring
o Coordinate juice and wine analysis
o Coordinate fermentation monitoring
o All Vintrace related tasks
o Misc. cellar and fruit receival.
- Participate in additional tasks as may be requested by Winemaker and Winery Management
BS in Fermentation Science or related science field.
5+ years in luxury wine production.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Strong mechanical aptitude
Ability to multitask.
Ability to function independently and in a team.
Ability to lift heavy items (50 lbs).
Position includes extensive sitting, standing, walking.
|Contact Info||Please Email cover letter and resume|
|Contact Address||1500 Whitehall Lane\r\nSt. Helena, CA 94574|
|Contact Phone||707 963 4365|
|Contact Fax||707963 4975|
Return to Main List