Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Enologist / Assistant Winemaker|
|Employer||Bear Creek Winery|
|Employment Location||Lodi, CA|
|Employment Start Date||Immediate / Negotiable|
|Employment End Date||N/A|
|Job Description|| Enologist / Assistant Winemaker|
Bear Creek Winery, a rapidly growing winery located in the heart of the Lodi wine region, is looking to expand the winemaking department by adding an enologist / assistant winemaker. The title will depend on experience. Bear Creek Winery is a state-of-the-art facility that crushes mostly Lodi appellation grapes. We are looking for a motivated, hard-working individual with a positive attitude.
Depending on experience, duties may include some or all of the following:
• Support the winemaking staff in all phases of wine production and lab support
• Monitor brix and temps, along with data entry
• Assist in writing work orders such as multiple additions, yeasting’s, transfers, SO2 additions
• Help ensure that cellar SOP’s are being followed
• Conduct tank inspections to verify that fermentation parameters such as temperature and lot code are correctly set and displayed at the tanks
• Provide support for yeast and nutrient additions at the crusher and in the cellar
• Participate in juice and wine tastings to make decisions regarding wine health
• Assist with bentonite trials and other wine stability lab experiments
• Assist and maintain ML spreadsheet
• Learn and assist cellar work order data entry into AMS
• Directs winery personnel in all stages of wine production
• Strong technical background and wine tasting ability; Performs organoleptic evaluations of wines
• BATF Requirements
• Direct winery personnel in grape receipts and wine production
• Ensure that all wines are properly processed and maintained
• Assist with the quality control oversight of both lab and cellar functions.
• Ensure that all equipment and facilities are protected, maintained, and fully utilized.
• Responsible for wine tracking, ensuring wine credentials are correct, and inventory control
• Responsible for creating daily work orders for the winery.
• Assure that all sanitation and safety rules and regulations are enforced.
• Participate in wine industry and community activities.
• Perform other duties assigned by supervisor and helps develop and implement new practices while adhering to current procedures.
• Complete reports and applications for, and complies with, all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and rules.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Winemaking or related field
• 0-5 years experience in cellar operations and supervising production personnel
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Must have computer skills, particularly Word, Excel, and preferably AMS
• Experienced in a fast-paced environment and proven ability to maintain easygoing pleasant manner at all times
• Organized, self-starter with initiative who can work independently
• Ability to work under pressure and be flexible
• Must maintain a professional manner at all times, work effectively with coworkers, and perform duties in a manner consistent with the company’s values
• Physical ability to inspect all areas of the winery, lift up to 35 pounds, and sit for long periods of time
Start date: Looking for someone to start soon; Negotiable.
Pay rate: Depends on experience
Bear Creek Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Contact Info||E-mail resume to email@example.com . No phone calls please. Fax is available 209-368-3083|
|Contact Address|| 11900 N Furry Rd|
Lodi, CA 95240
Return to Main List