Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Wine Institute Environmental Affairs Coordinator|
|Employer||Wine Institute/California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance|
|Employment Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Company Description|| Wine Institute is the voice for California wine representing more than 1,000 wineries and affiliated businesses from the beautiful and diverse wine regions throughout the state.|
As the largest advocacy and public policy association for California wine, and the only group representing the industry at the state, federal and international levels, Wine Institute's Officers, Board of Directors and professional staff work to create an environment where the wine community can flourish and contribute in a positive fashion to our nation, state and local communities.
|Pay Scale||Salary is commensurate with experience|
|Employment Start Date||February 2018|
|Job Description|| General Job Description|
The position is responsible for assisting the Vice President of Environmental Affairs in serving Wine Institute membership and administering the Environmental Committee, and assisting the California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA) team with implementation of the Sustainable Winegrowing Program and Certified California Sustainable Winegrowing (CERTIFIED SUSTAINABLE), a third-party certification program. The position has diverse duties and responsibilities and supports a dynamic team in a fast-paced work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate meetings of the Wine Institute Environmental Committee, CSWA Board of Directors and Sustainable Winegrowing Joint Committee (e.g. schedule, secure location, execute contracts, send email correspondence, collect RSVPs, order food, prepare materials, draft meeting minutes, etc.);
• Provide administrative support to Wine Institute’s Environmental Committee (e.g. coordinate logistics and follow-up for quarterly meetings, implement updated committee procedures, track committee action items and objectives, work with Wine Institute’s Manager of Environmental Regulatory Affairs to provide support to the Environmental Committee’s chairs and working groups, etc.);
• Coordinate Sustainable Winegrowing Program and CERTIFIED SUSTAINABLE workshops (e.g. schedule, design/send invitations and flyers, collect RSVPs, secure location, execute contracts, order food, prepare materials, conduct outreach and promotion, etc.);
• Assist the Communications Manager with the logistics of the Green Medal Awards Program and Ceremony (e.g. secure sponsors, manage sponsorship packages, coordinate Steering Committee and judging panel, update the Green Medal website and application, oversee program budget, assist with press releases, design/send invitations and flyers, plan and facilitate the ceremony and reception, etc.);
• Provide administrative support to the Certification Manager for CERTIFIED SUSTAINABLE (e.g., manage certification applications, review audit reports, prepare for decision panel review, etc.);
• Staff booths during trade shows and other events and engage with attendees on sustainable winegrowing, SWP, and CERTIFIED SUSTAINABLE;
• Respond to general inquiries about the Sustainable Winegrowing Program (SWP) and Certified California Sustainable Winegrowing (CERTIFIED SUSTAINABLE);
• Fulfill Code of Sustainable Winegrowing Practices Workbook orders and other requests for materials;
• Set up User IDs and passwords for SWP participants and CERTIFIED SUSTAINABLE vineyard and winery applicants and keep the online system up to date;
• Assist with tracking of SWP participants and send Acknowledgement of Participation certificates on an annual basis;
• Help coordinate Vice President of Environmental Affairs meeting and travel schedule;
• Complete check requisitions for Wine Institute Environmental Affairs and the CSWA expenditures, and assist with financial tracking and audit preparation;
• Work with CSWA Certification Manager and Wine Institute’s Accounting Department to bill and track payment of CERTIFIED SUSTAINABLE Participants;
• Maintain Wine Institute’s San Francisco Green Business certification status
• Coordinate mailings to SWP participants and EC members;
• Maintain databases and information tracking systems;
• Assist with other duties as required by the Vice President of Environmental Affairs, the Environmental Committee, and CSWA.
Additional Position Details
• This position reports to the Wine Institute Vice President of Environmental Affairs, and collaborates with staff and consultants from Wine Institute, the California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance, and the California Association of Winegrape Growers. Salary is commensurate with experience, and is non-exempt from overtime compensation.
• The agreed work schedule will be 35 hours per week with a daily lunch break of 1 hour.
• At least three years of experience in an administrative assistant-level position, preferably within the wine industry or the environmental/sustainability field
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Computer proficiency including Word, Excel, database management, and InDesign
• Minimum of Bachelors degree in relevant field.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by January 15, 2018.
|Contact Info||Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2018.|
|Contact Address||425 MARKET ST STE 1000|
|Other Information||Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by January 15, 2018.|
Return to Main List