Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Employer||Wine by Joe & Dobbes Family Estate|
|Employment Location||Dundee, Oregon|
|Company Description||We are one of Oregon's top 10 largest wineries with two cellars available to work in, large or small production. Our flagship is Pinot noir but we create so much more including Syrah, Viognier, Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc and Grenache Blanc. You will see not only a large scope of varietals but also a variety within those grapes as we source fruit from all parts of Oregon. We hire interns of all skill levels.|
|Employment Start Date||August 28th|
|Employment End Date||November|
|Job Description|| PRIMARY PURPOSE |
Harvest Interns will assist the production and winemaking staff with all harvest-related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Processing and sorting fruit.
• Sanitize equipment, chemical handling.
• Operating a forklift.
• Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment
• Punch downs.
• Cleaning and sanitize all winery equipment.
• Filling and emptying barrels.
• Making chemical additions to juice and wine.
• Working long hours including evenings and weekends.
• Completing and filling out work orders accurately.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Intermediate level of reading and writing comprehension in English.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules and procedures, and be able to read cellar work orders, count barrels, record times and dates. Basic math skills required.
• Tolerance for working in variable temperatures, hot to cold.
• Individuals selected for this position must be reliable, punctual, have a good work ethic and a great attitude. Previous experience is preferred, but not required.
|Contact Info|| Erin Browne|
|Contact Address||239 SE 5th Street\r\nDundee, OR 97115|
Return to Main List