Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Employment Location||Rutherford, CA|
|Company Description||The Cakebread family, owners of Cakebread Cellars in Rutherford, is among the most creative and successful winery families in California’s famed Napa Valley. Since its founding in 1973, the winery has developed a reputation for producing world-class wines. Its success is built on quality, consistency and continuity; characteristics which apply equally to the grapes, the wines, the people and the operation of the winery.|
|Employment Start Date||TBD|
|Job Description|| Under the supervision of the Cellar Master, this team member learns and performs various work assignments that result in the production of high quality wines. Ensures that safety procedures, cellar procedures, quality standards and training programs are followed as directed by the Winemaker, Assistant Winemaker, and Cellar Master.|
• Follows all employee safety rules
• Ensures that all equipment is operating in a safe manner
• Cleans and sanitizes stainless steel tanks and all equipment
• Performs routine barrel maintenance
• Operates all types of pumps including centrifugal, positive displacement, air pumps and
bull dog pumps
• Racks and fills barrels. Racks, transfers to and from tanks and to and from barrels
• Tops and stirs barrels; adds 6% SO2 to barrels
• Makes wine additions to tanks and barrels
• Loads and unloads barrel trucks
• Conducts pumpovers, rack & return procedures, and all other harvest duties
• Operates forklift safely and is forklift certified
• Works on bottling line dumping glass, packing or palletizing as needed
• Assists in the blending of tanks for final blend compositions
• Sanitizes, rinses and loads depth filters
• Sets up wine lines, pumps and fittings for wine transfers
• Cleans bins, floors and other equipment using pressure washer
• Cleans winery floors using a floor scrubber
• Performs all other duties as assigned
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work in changing environment
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills; sets priorities
• Good written and verbal communication
• Innovative, positive team player
• Ability to work in small confined spaces and high places
• Ability to read, write and perform simple arithmetic
• Ability to work extended shifts; including night shifts during harvest
• Bachelor's degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required
Physical and Mental Requirements
The traditional methods of performing job functions for this position are reflected below. Reasonable accommodations may be made if deemed necessary.
1. Ability to stand for long periods of time. Job duties are performed primarily from a standing
2. Full body mobility: Ability to stand; walk; sit; use tools or controls; reach with hands and
arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
3. Accurate vision and sense of smell.
4. Performs work duties in and outdoors.
5. Exposure to temperature extremes and exposure to fumes, gases, toxic chemicals, etc.
Contact with water and potentially harmful fumes.
6. Appropriate safety gear required.
|Contact Info||Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Contact Address|| 8300 St Helena Hwy|
Rutherford, CA 94573
Return to Main List