Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Harvest Production Assistant|
|Employer||Gundlach Bundschu Winery|
|Employment Location||Sonoma, CA|
|Company Description||Breaking Tradition for Six Generations—Bundschu Family Company owns and operates Gundlach Bundschu, Bartholomew Park, Bundschu Family, and Abbot’s Passage wineries in Sonoma Valley. Family-owned and -managed since 1858, we have built a robust and storied wine industry legacy by continually looking forward and pushing boundaries on all sides. We are known for best in class artisanal and site-driven wines, beautiful settings, dynamic customer engagement, and a spirit of fun and approachability. We strive to create a working environment that inspires personal and professional growth and a business that affords a meaningful and enriching lifestyle to all its participants. We seek hard working, smart thinking, motivated, and collaborative individuals who value our legacy and are ambitious enough to create one of their own.|
|Employment Start Date||Early August|
|Employment End Date||End of November|
|Job Description|| SUMMARY: This position provides a unique introduction opportunity to experience many facets of winemaking harvest work including grape maturity sampling in the vineyard, grape sample analysis in the lab, daily harvest cellar work and, at times, will conduct additional laboratory analysis. |
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Laboratory Duties-
o Responsible for performing and keeping accurate records of all analysis including fermentation monitoring and general wine analysis (°Brix/pH/TA/SO2/VA).
• Vineyard/Laboratory Duties-
o Responsible for collecting and analyzing grape maturity samples, maintaining accurate records of all analyses, and reporting observations to winemaking staff
• Cellar Duties-Responsible for performing a variety of cellar operations including but not limited to:
o Grape receival and operation of crushing equipment, equipment sanitation, fermentation monitoring and cap management (pump overs/punch downs), juice/wine movements and additions, and other tasks as necessary
• Previous harvest experience required
• Reliable and self-motivated with a positive attitude
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Acute attention to detail
• Well versed in Microsoft Excel and Word
• The ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Receptive to a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
• Ability to understand and comply with any and all safety requirements
• Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• Ability to speak Spanish is helpful but not required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Walk, kneel, bend, stand, taste, smell and lift up to 80 pounds
• Candidate must be physically able to stand/walk/climb on uneven surfaces catwalks for long periods of time
• Work is performed in a vineyard or outdoor cellar exposed to all types of weather
• The candidate will work near moving machinery parts and will be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals
• Noise levels are usually moderate to loud.
|Contact Info|| Joe Uhr|
No Phone Calls, No Walk-ins please.
|Contact Address|| 2000 Denmark Street|
Sonoma, CA 95487
Return to Main List