Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Harvest Interns - Lab and Vineyard Sampler!|
|Employer||Rutherford Hill Winery|
|Employment Location||Rutherford, CA|
|Company Description|| Rutherford Hill Winery is hiring seasonal harvest help. Rutherford Hill Winery specializes in making Merlot as well as making Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, Malbec, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Rose. We are looking for passionate individuals that are dedicated to working hard and making great wines. |
Duration of the assignment is from June to mid-November
|Pay Scale||Based on Experience|
|Employment Start Date||August 2017|
|Employment End Date||November 2017|
|Job Description|| Vineyard Sampling Intern:|
Daily sampling of vineyards around the Napa Valley. Collecting grape samples in the morning then returning to the winery to process and analyze the juice.
Candidates must have good observational and reporting skills in order to communicate vineyard findings and conditions to the winemakers.
This position transitions into a lab intern when sampling tapers down throughout harvest.
Lab Harvest Intern:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting in processing vineyard samples
• Sampling and analyzing incoming grapes and fermenting must
• Brix, temp, pH, TA, VA, enzymatic NH3, NOPA, RS, ML
• Monitoring fermentations and reporting to winemaking
• Sampling and analyzing finished wine for complete analysis:
•FSO2, pH, TA, VA, alcohol, enzymatic ML and RS• Learn and follow lab procedures
• Ensuring safety in lab at all times
• Maintaining a clean and organized workspace
• Good communication skills
• Analytical and critical thinking skills
• We are looking for a team player who is happy to help out where needed
|Contact Info|| Email:|
|Contact Address|| 200 Rutherford Hill Road|
Rutherford, CA 94573
|Other Information|| Candidates must be comfortable in a fast-paced professional laboratory environment. Must have previous Lab experience, 1-2 Harvests preferred. Ability to regularly lift and carry 40 lbs. Regular overtime during harvest will be required, as well as work on weekends. Great sense of humor is a plus!!|
Return to Main List