Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Seasonal Lab Technician|
|Employer||Charles Krug, C. Mondavi & Family|
|Employment Location||St. Helena, CA|
|Company Description||Founded in 1861 Charles Krug was the first commercial winery in the Napa Valley.|
|Employment Start Date||End of July, early August (Dependent on Season)|
|Employment End Date||Dependent on season|
|Job Description|| The Seasonal Laboratory Technician will have the opportunity to see our process from grape to bottle. |
The Seasonal Lab Tech provides active support to winery analytical and quality control laboratories as required.
- Science or related classes or degree (Chemistry, biology, enology, viticulture); and winery laboratory experience for a minimum of 6 months
- Must be able to work flexible days and hours. Shifts will range from 8 to 10 hours; 5-6 days per week and there will be a day shift and a night shift in the laboratory.
- Must be punctual
- Must be able to repetitively lift 35 pounds
- Must be able to work outside and in a wet or rugged winery environment, be able to use catwalks and ladders
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multitask
- Must work in a clean and productive manner as determined by management
- Must adhere to laboratory and safety protocols
Job duties to include:
- Berry sampling
- Yeast and bacteria inoculations and nutrient additions to tanks and barrels
- Juice and wine sampling from tanks and barrels using aseptic techniques
- Berry, juice, wine sample preparation
- Basic juice and wine analysis including but not limited to: pH, TA, VA, ALC, RS, MA, NOPA, AM, Brix and SO2.
- Promptly recording and reporting data
- General laboratory cleanup and setup
- Set up and clean up for production tastings
- Assisting in setting up for trials (fining, blending, etc.)
- Cover the bottling line Quality Control Laboratory as needed which would include but is not limited to: checking CO2, DO, vacuum pressure or toque of closure, fill height and weight, packaging, line sanitation, filterability, cold conductivity and plating for yeast and mold.
|Contact Info||Please submit resume via e-mail, subject line: Seasonal Lab Technician. No phone calls please.|
|Contact Address||2800 Main Street St. Helena, CA 94574|
|Other Information||Please only apply if legal to work in the U.S. At this time, we aren't accepting foreign applicants.|
Return to Main List