Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Harvest Cellar Intern|
|Employment Location||Yountville, Napa Valley|
|Company Description||Blankiet Estate is located in the western foothills of the Mayacamas mountain range over-looking the town of Yountville in the Napa Valley. Founded in 1996, by Claude and Katherine Blankiet, sixteen acres have been developed by renowned viticulturist David Abreu. The vineyards, known as Paradise Hills, are planted to Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot on volcanic soil and Merlot on a deep layer of alluvial clay. The vines are farmed organically and winemaking practices are non interventionist to express the unique nature of the site|
|Employment Start Date||Mid August|
|Employment End Date||End of November|
|Job Description|| We are offering a harvest cellar internship for the 2017 harvest (mid-August through November). This position is ideal for someone who wants experience in the production of critically acclaimed, site specific wines and has a willingness to learn. |
• Cleaning and sanitization of winery equipment (tanks, hoses, press, pumps, crush equipment, etc).
• Fruit processing, sorting and machinery setup.
• Fermentation monitoring, sampling and additions.
• Pump-overs, punch-downs, pomace removal, pressing, barrel cleaning, barrel painting and filling.
• Able to communicate clearly and work with a team.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Must be punctual
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Flexible work schedule, including some overtime and weekend work (typically 6-7 days a week).
• Able to work well in a fast paced, physically demanding, team environment.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation.
• Able to follow written and oral instruction.
• Previous experience or a wine related degree is a plus.
Forklift training and certification will be provided. No previous experience is required but a passion for wine and attention to detail are important.
|Contact Info||Please email your resume to Angel@Blankiet.com|
|Contact Address|| PO Box 2100|
Yountville, CA 94599
Return to Main List