Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Seasonal Viticulture Technician|
|Employer||Dierberg and Star Lane Vineyards|
|Employment Location||Santa Barbara County|
|Company Description||Twenty years ago, Jim and Mary Dierberg settled in Santa Barbara County to fulfill their dream of building an estate winery capable of rivaling the greatest houses of Burgundy and Bordeaux. Today, the Dierberg and Star Lane brands capture the diverse and unique terroirs of Santa Barbara County in world-class wines. Come join our team and help contribute to the founders’ 250 year plan for continued sustainability and excellence|
|Employment Start Date||Immediately|
|Employment End Date||Nov 2017|
|Job Description|| Dierberg and Star Lane Vineyards are currently looking for a talented Viticulture Technician to join our team in Santa Barbara County. We farm and produce wine from 450 planted acres on three vineyards in Happy Canyon, Santa Rita Hills and Santa Maria Valley AVAs. This is a very unique opportunity to join a luxury estate producing the major varieties of Santa Barbara County: Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc and Syrah. |
The Viticulture Technician will report to the Vineyard Manager. This position will be responsible for vineyard data collection, data management and technical viticulture on all estate properties.
|Contact Info||Please send cover letter and CV to Tyler Thomas|
|Contact Address||2121 Alisos Road \r\nSanta Ynez, CA 93460|
|Other Information|| - Collect soil, vine, weather and phenology data.|
- Manage vineyard data acquisition systems: Tule Actual ET, Sentek soil moisture probes, Trimble Soil Information Systems and weather stations.
- Maintain and improve vineyard database.
- IPM scouting.
- Yield estimation.
- Maturity sampling near harvest.
- Harvest Logistic Coordination.
- Support ongoing vineyard operations as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in Viticulture, Horticulture, Enology, Agricultural Science, Soils, GIS or related field.
Note: If you are still in school but graduate soon, please apply. We are willing to work with the right candidate.
- Pest and disease identification.
- Software: Microsoft Word, Excel (advanced), Outlook and statistics.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self-starter who is able to surmount reasonable obstacles creatively and independently.
- Keen interest in experimentation, new techniques and new vineyard technologies.
- Available to work long hours and weekends during peak periods of the growing season and harvest.
- Appreciation for grilled cuisine.
- Deep appreciation for wine and the ability to describe and discuss wines in a group.
- Spanish fluency.
Return to Main List