Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Cellar Operations Lead|
|Employment Location||Rutherford, CA 94573|
|Company Description||The Cakebread family, owners of Cakebread Cellars in Rutherford, is among the most creative and successful winery families in California’s famed Napa Valley. Since its founding in 1973, the winery has developed a reputation for producing world-class wines. Its success is built on quality, consistency and continuity; characteristics which apply equally to the grapes, the wines, the people and the operation of the winery.|
|Employment Start Date||TBD|
|Job Description|| Under the direction of the Cellar Master, this team member plans, organizes, leads, and performs various work assignments that result in the production of quality wines. Responsibilities include leading assigned cellar team to ensure cellar procedures, quality standards, and training programs are learned and carried out as directed by Cellar Master, Assistant Winemaker, and Winemaker. |
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads by example to promote efficient, effective and competent work habits, ensuring team members are productive and well informed.
• Assists staff with job functions as needed to ensure optimum production and efficiency levels at all times.
• Trains and coaches cellar team in building cellar skills, safety practices, and ensures policies and procedures are followed.
• Confirms that all equipment is operating in a safe manner and reports any out of order equipment to Cellar Master immediately.
• Ensures work orders are accurate and complete as well as turned in at the end of each shift.
• Performs bottling line sterilization and operation of wine filter bubble point in absence of Bottling Line Supervisor.
• Supervises bottling line operations as necessary.
• Supervises teams during harvest.
• Performs pumpovers, rack and return procedures, and all other harvest duties.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in viticulture, enology, agriculture, food science, or other relevant field preferred
• Seven years of cellar experience and thorough knowledge in wine industry required
• Five years of progressive experience leading multiple teams required
• Mechanical aptitude requiring knowledge and experience in maintenance and operation of cellar equipment
• Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
• Ability to solve problems and set priorities
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions and take direction
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to understand and perform basic math and basic measurements
• Experience working in Winemaker Database
|Contact Info||Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com|
|Contact Address|| 8300 St Helena Hwy|
Return to Main List