Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Employment Location||St. Helena, CA|
|Company Description||Brasswood Estate features a state-of-the-art winery with 17,000 sq. feet of caves where we make our own wines alongside some world-class custom crush clients. The property is also home to multiple tasting rooms, including a sensory room, a soon-to-be bottle shop with rare wines and liquors and our world-class restaurant, Brasswood Bar + Bakery + Kitchen.|
|Pay Scale||Depends on Experience|
|Employment Start Date||Mid to late August|
|Employment End Date||Late November|
|Job Description|| Brasswood Cellars is looking for Harvest Interns to join us for the 2017 season. If you are a hardworking, passionate person who pays attention to detail and thrives in a bustling, team-driven environment then look no further! All levels of experience will be considered.|
• Follow cellar work orders from Director of Wine Production and Cellar Master.
• Assist in sorting and processing fruit to tank, tank sanitation, and cleaning equipment and winery.
• Fermentation management including pumpovers, punchdowns, Brix and temp checks, additions and inoculations.
• Basic sampling and lab analysis (pH, VA, SO2,TA, Alc.)
• Barrel work including cleaning and sanitation, painting, filling, racking, battonage, and topping.
• Cellar work including racking, managing tank headspace, pump operation (air, PC, and bulldog), forklifting, pallet jacking.
• Red and White Press Operation.
• Flexibility and willingness to work in a constantly changing environment.
• Be able to work day or night shifts with extended hours. Weekend work is expected.
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
• Ability to read, write and perform simple arithmetic.
• Positive outlook and team player attitude.
• Ability to work in small confined spaces and high places.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
|Contact Info||Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact Address||3125 St. Helena Hwy, North\r\nSt. Helena, CA 94574|
Return to Main List