Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Employment Location||Livermore, CA|
|Employment Start Date||July 2017|
|Employment End Date||December 2017|
|Job Description|| Wente Vineyards is currently seeking a full time Seasonal Intern to join our team for the 2017 Harvest. The Harvest Intern will work very closely with the Lab team, so winery lab experience is beneficial. The ideal candidate will have an up-for-anything attitude and take pride in their work, no matter how small the task. Previous experience or related education is preferred. The ideal candidate will have an interest in winemaking, respect for and sense of comradery with members of the team, a good work ethic and desire to be a part of the harvest family.|
It’s expected that the Harvest Intern will have a flexible schedule during the employment period, be eager and willing to work long extended hours, be physically fit enough to lift/move awkward objects or smart enough to ask for help when they can’t, and have access to transportation to get to and from the winery.
The Harvest Intern will gain experience in many facets of the winery, but will mainly be responsible for the following:
• Sample procurement and preparation
• Additions to wines including yeast and bacteria inoculations
• Collect and prepare juice and wine samples from tanks and barrels for analysis and tasting
• Perform calibrations on laboratory equipment
• Accurately perform, document, and interpret routine analysis on juice, must, and wine.
• Monitor daily fermentations – excellent sensory skills required
• Responsible for chemical preparation, including but not limited to: acids, bases, chemical reagents, buffers, and wine standards.
• Maintain cleanliness of the laboratory
Perform other duties as assigned
• Recent graduate or currently pursuing a degree in Wine, Enology, Viticulture, or related field or an equivalent level of relevant experience
• Previous winery or harvest experience beneficial
• Serious passion for wine along with the sensory skills necessary for successful winemaking
• Knowledge of practical and technical aspects of winemaking procedure
• High standard of quality with acute attention to detail
• Experience working with a Chemwell, Foss, or Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word
• A strong attention to detail, positive attitude, willingness to work hard and get dirty, and ability to work well with others is essential
• This is a seasonal full time position. Successful candidates must have a flexible schedule and be able to work extended hours 6-7 days per week from mid-July-mid December.
• Candidates must be 21 years of age or older due to the nature of the work being performed.
|Contact Info||Please apply online. No phone calls or walk ins, please.|
|Contact Address||5565 Tesla Road|
|Other Information|| Please apply online at https://rn22.ultipro.com/WEN1003/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=1025|
Return to Main List