Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Employment Location||Healdsburg, CA|
|Pay Scale||competitive DOE|
|Employment Start Date||May 1st, 2017|
|Job Description|| Foley Family Wines|
Job Title: Lab Technician
Department: Cellars & Winemaking
Reports To: Winemaker
Date: March 2017
Chalk Hill Estate Winery, a member of the Foley Family Wines group, is seeking a Lab Technician to manage lab analysis and quality control throughout the year.
• High School diploma. College degree in Enology/Viticulture or a related science preferred
• Strong knowledge of bench-top wet chemistry and enzymatic analysis
• Previous harvest cellar and lab experience
• Ability to climb stairs or ladders
• Ability to work overtime and weekends when needed
Key job responsibilities:
• Grape maturity analysis
• Accurate pre-fermentation and post fermentation analysis
• Manage and program OenoFoss (Fourier Transform Infrared technology)
• Responsible for daily fermentation monitoring, both in tank and in barrel
• Management of monthly SO2 additions
• Conduct blending trials and participate in wine sensory evaluation
• Manage QC standards for bottling, sanitation, all wine transfers, topping wine and harvest-related procedures
• Interface with cellar to ensure work order adherence and completion
• Dissolved oxygen concentrations recorded and enforced at all stages of wine movement
• Wastewater/Storm water management: ensure compliance with state and local regulations
• Participates in training and monitoring interns or seasonal employees
• Report to winemaking team any time-sensitive data
• Keep accurate and organized records
• Able to manage time and organize effectively
• Computer proficiency, including MS Office and Winemaker’s Database
• Enthusiastic about making world class wines from the Chalk Hill AVA
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision (judging wine color).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and requires ear protection.
|Contact Info||e-mail Steve: email@example.com|
|Contact Address||10300 chalk hill rd\r\nHealdsburg, ca 95448|
Return to Main List