Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Employment Location||Sebastopol, CA|
|Company Description||Dehlinger Winery is a 7000-case Russian River Valley producer of estate-grown Chardonnay, Pinot noir, Cabernet, and Syrah owned and operated by the Dehlinger family. We have a 40+ year tradition crafting wines grown from our vineyard surrounding the winemaking facility. The majority of our vines were planted between 1975 and 1989, with portions redeveloped between 2011 and 2014. We are in the process of acquiring an adjoining 35 acre vineyard, which will require an expansion of our organization and staff. Both vineyards will require significant replanting over the next 10 years.|
|Employment Start Date||2017|
|Job Description|| We are seeking a qualified and dedicated individual to join us in the role of Vineyard Manager. This is an opportunity for an experienced person to work closely with vines destined for quality wine. It is also an opportunity to participate in viticultural master-planning as Dehlinger Winery takes on new undertakings and adapts for the future.|
Key responsibilities of the Vineyard Manager are to:
• Contribute to seasonal and multi-year master-planning for the vineyard
• Manage vineyard foreman and vineyard team
• Direct vineyard cultural practices
• Oversee vineyard pest control program
• Manage the operation, maintenance and acquisition of vineyard equipment
• Maintain vineyard manual, records, and SOPs
• Ensure compliance and safety in related areas
• Develop the abilities and efficiency of vineyard team members and instill a positive work culture
• Oversee grounds maintenance and miscellaneous agricultural projects
Qualifications. Our ideal candidate possesses the following:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with vineyard management, the majority in Sonoma County
• An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
• Full Spanish and English proficiency
• Strong mechanical abilities and experience operating farm equipment
• Computer proficiency and spreadsheet skills
• Strong quantitative and mathematical abilities
• An insurable driving record
Expectations. The Vineyard Manager is expected to fulfill his/her role with a high level of skill and professionalism and to contribute to the overall positive energy of our work environment. Other expectations include:
• Interest in and knowledge of Sonoma County wines
• Strong work ethic. Extended work hours during the growing season and harvest are expected.
• The ability to perform strenuous physical tasks, such as bending, walking briskly, and lifting up to 50 pounds. This is a hands-on job requiring active engagement with the vines, machinery, and the elements.
• Full professional dedication. The Vineyard Manager must have no professional conflicts of interest or time.
• Proximity to the vineyard. We are looking for a manager who lives or will live within 15 miles.
Compensation: Competitive and comprehensive, depending on experience. Please provide compensation expectations in your application.
|Contact Info||To apply: Send 1) Resume, 2) Personal statement, 3) Compensation expectations, 4) Contact info for references. If you list college-level course work among your qualifications, make arrangements to forward 5) A copy of your transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Dehlinger Winery, ATTN: Eva, 4101 Vine Hill Road, Sebastopol, CA 95472.|
|Contact Address|| 4101 Vine Hill Road|
Sebastopol, CA 95472
Return to Main List