Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Dehlinger Winery 2017 Harvest Internship|
|Employment Location||Sebastopol, CA|
|Company Description||Dehlinger is a small, family run winery that has been in operation since 1975. We focus on producing Estate grown Pinot noir, Chardonnay, Syrah and Cabernet from Sonoma County’s Russian River Valley, and we have a reputation that outstrips our physical size.|
|Pay Scale||$14 - $16 per hour (depending on experience)|
|Employment Start Date||Early July 2017|
|Employment End Date||Mid-late November 2017|
|Job Description|| We are seeking a highly motivated harvest intern to join our staff for approximately 4 months, starting early July 2017 until mid to late November 2017. Actual start date is dependent on season and intern availability.|
Harvest duties include:
• Crop estimation
• Vineyard sampling
• Occasional picking support as needed
• Fruit processing
• Fermentation monitoring
• Cap management (punchdown/pumpovers)
• Barrel work (cleaning & filling)
• Forklift operation
• Laboratory work (minimum of 1 day per week to support Enologist conducting numerous assays)
• Record keeping (paper records and VinTrace)
Training will be provided in all areas.
In addition to harvest duties there may also be some bottling and participation in a hospitality event.
• Passion for wine and a desire to have a career in winemaking
• Coursework in Enology and Viticulture preferred
• Previous cellar work, ideally at least one vintage
• Some laboratory experience
• Strong work ethic and a positive attitude
• Physical stamina to complete cellar tasks
• Ability to work long and variable hours
• Must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license. Must be insurable by our insurance company.
• Ability to lawfully work in the USA
Because we have a small staff, our one intern must be dependable and adaptable. They must be able to commit to the internship and not drop out prior to or during harvest.
During the peak harvest period, the intern will be expected to work 6 days a week. Outside the peak harvest period, work may be reduced to approximately 4 days a week.
The Intern must be able to perform strenuous physical tasks, such as lifting up to 50 pounds, repetitive movements, bending down, and ascend/descend ladders.
The intern will be compensated between $14-$16 per hour (depending on experience) with overtime based on California law.
|Contact Info|| To apply you must include ALL of the following: |
1. Cover Letter. Tell us about yourself and your past and present wine experience. Let us know what you believe you can contribute to our team and what you would hope to get out of an internship with Dehlinger. Also include your hourly wage expectations and the dates you are available to work.
3. Multiple References.
Please send ALL of the above to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Return to Main List