Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Harvest Intern 2017|
|Employer||Knights Bridge Winery|
|Employment Location||Napa, CA|
|Company Description|| Knights Bridge Winery and Huge Bear Wines were founded by a family that shares a passion for wine and food, a love of farming, and a respect for nature. The distinct nature of the two labels allows for an expression of terroir and winemaking style, while remaining true to each brand. Production is very limited and comes not only from the Estate vineyards in Knights Valley but also from several other prestigious vineyards.|
|Employment Start Date||July 17, 2017|
|Employment End Date||November 2017|
|Job Description|| Knights Bridge Winery is seeking a seasonal intern for the 2017 harvest. The position will start mid-July and last until November. |
The Intern selected will be working side by side with our Director of Winemaker and our Enologist and will participate in all aspects of winemaking, from grape to bottle. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, a great work ethic, and must pay attention to detail.
• Attend Vineyard/Winemaking meetings
• Gather Crop estimates
• Monitor Grape Maturity through sampling
• Processing grape maturity samples for analysis
• Perform basic lab analysis including measuring brix and pH.
• Collect tank and barrel samples throughout processing
• Cellar work may include: sanitation; bottling line work; additions to must/juice; and barrel stirring
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Previous experience and enology education preferred
• Passionate about wine and be a strong team player
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Able to lift 50 lbs. and work extended hours in a physically demanding environment
• Ability to follow standard operating procedures and adhere to strict safety procedures.
|Contact Info||Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com|
|Contact Address||1373 Lincoln Ave, Calistoga, CA 94515|
Return to Main List