Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Harvest Winemaking Intern|
|Employer||Delicato Family Vineyards|
|Employment Location||Black Stallion Estate Winery, Napa CA|
|Company Description|| |
Delicato Family Vineyards is one of the fastest growing wine companies in the world, celebrating 90+ years of California winemaking and grape growing heritage. Family-owned and operated since the company’s founding in 1924, three generations of Indelicato family have fostered the winery’s commitment to innovation, quality and environmental stewardship – cornerstones that have harnessed the family’s long-term focus and solidified the winery as an internationally recognized leader in the industry.
|Pay Scale||$16.00 - $18.50|
|Employment Start Date||8/15/17|
|Employment End Date||12/30/17|
|Job Description|| Winemaking Internship Position Description|
Delicato Family Vineyards has an exciting career opportunity for a Harvest Winemaking Intern in our Napa, CA location.
Delicato Family Vineyards is a family-owned, California winery founded in 1924. Three generations of the Indelicato family have guided grapes from vineyard to bottle and into homes and dining establishments around the world. Delicato Family Vineyards is steadfastly committed to crafting and representing wines of the highest quality produced in accordance with sustainable winegrowing practices. Among the leading and fastest growing wine companies in America, the Delicato Family Vineyards’ portfolio includes Gnarly Head, Black Stallion Estate Winery, Noble Vines, Belle Ambiance, HandCraft Artisan Collection, Brazin, Bota Box, Irony, Domino, and Sequin.
Under General Supervision, the Winemaking Intern will assist the production and winemaking staff with harvest-related activites in the cellar. The Winemaking Intern will also assist in implementing and monitoring winemaking trials and small experimental lots. In addition, the intern will work closely with the Cellar Master and production team to perform routine duties as directed.
Common Intern duties may include but are not limited to:
• Receiving and sorting grapes
• Performing Pumpovers/Punchdowns
• Assisting with draining/pressing tanks
• Filling barrels
• Preparing and completing wine ingredient additions
• Organizing ingredient inventory
• Sanitatizing winery equipment and facilities
• Managing data and distribution
• Performing general quality checks
• Conducting fermenter Brix/Temp analysis
• Assisting in managing and monitoring winemaking trials
• Sampling and Setup for tastings, analysis and winemaking trials
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Viticulture, Enology, Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, or other science related field preferred.
• Previous experience working during harvest preferred (cellar, lab or vineyard).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong reading, writing, communication and math skills
• Solid winemaking theory, wine sensory, communication/presentation and organizational skills
• Ability to work under pressure during harvest with many different people and departments
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Ability to work overtime and weekends
• Team player and able to work with others
• Must be able to work rapidly and accurately, performing multiple tasks simultaneously
Certificates and Licenses
Most activities take place in lab, office or winery environment. Must be able to work extended hours during the harvest season and rotating shifts throughout the year. In the lead up to harvest, some vineyard visits will be performed where the temperatures may reach 100F.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
*Delicato Family Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer
|Contact Info|| Email Resume and Cover Letter to:|
|Contact Address||4089 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558|
Return to Main List