Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Harvest North Coast Winemaking Intern|
|Employer||Delicato Family Vineyards|
|Employment Location||Black Stallion Estate Winery, Napa CA|
|Company Description|| |
Delicato Family Vineyards is one of the fastest growing wine companies in the world, celebrating 90+ years of California winemaking and grape growing heritage. Family-owned and operated since the company’s founding in 1924, three generations of Indelicato family have fostered the winery’s commitment to innovation, quality and environmental stewardship – cornerstones that have harnessed the family’s long-term focus and solidified the winery as an internationally recognized leader in the industry.
|Employment Start Date||8/1/17|
|Employment End Date||12/30/17|
|Job Description|| |
North Coast Winemaking Internship Position Description
Delicato Family Vineyards has an exciting career opportunity for a North Coast Winemaking Intern in our Napa, CA location.
Delicato Family Vineyards is a family-owned, California winery founded in 1924. Three generations of the Indelicato family have guided grapes from vineyard to bottle and into homes and dining establishments around the world. Delicato Family Vineyards is steadfastly committed to crafting and representing wines of the highest quality produced in accordance with sustainable winegrowing practices. Among the leading and fastest growing wine companies in America, the Delicato Family Vineyards’ portfolio includes Gnarly Head, Black Stallion Estate Winery, Noble Vines, Belle Ambiance, HandCraft Artisan Collection, Brazin, Bota Box, Irony, Domino, and Sequin.
Under general supervisiton, the intern will assist the production and winemaking staff with all harvest-related activities. The North Coast Winemaking Intern will be based in Napa but will be required to work most days offsite at two Custom Crush Wineries in Sonoma County.
• Visit custom crush wineries in Sonoma County where North Coast fruit is being processed for Delicato Family Vineyards
• Monitor quality of incoming fruit, ferment wines by sensory evaluation and data tracking, monitor Must Analysis, fermenter Brix and Temp readings, and record and communicate information to Winemaker
• Communicate DFV Winemaking plans, ingredient additions and action items based on winemaking protocols to staff at offsite winemaking facilities
• Maintain Harvest Plan spreadsheet recording vineyard information, yields, chemistry, fermentation data
• Assist with harvest scheduling and logistics, yield calculations, tonnage reports
• Track ingredient inventories
• Conduct other data management and distribution
• Visit vineyard sites to monitor grape development
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Viticulture, Enology, Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, or other science related field preferred.
• Wine industry harvest experience preferred (vineyard, cellar, or lab).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong organizational skills
• strong reading, writing, communication and math skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, proficiency in Excel required.
• Ability to work overtime and weekends.
• Team player and able to work with others.
• Must be able to work rapidly and accurately, performing multiple tasks, simultaneously.
• Chemistry experience in the wine industry is a plus.
Most activities take place in lab, office or winery environment. Must be able to work extended hours during the harvest season and rotating shifts throughout the year. In the lead up to harvest, some vineyard visits will be performed where the temperatures may reach 100F.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
*Delicato Family Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer
|Contact Info||Email Resume and Cover Letter to: Rachel.Bedford@delicato.com|
|Contact Address||4089 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558|
Return to Main List